New Woroni Issue Out (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Discuss here.

I've only just started but it looks like another good one.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Yep,

It seemed to come out a little late to have the Scav Hunt in it. By the time I relised there was a new issue, the Scav Hunt had pretty much finished, lol.

Nice rant about the censorship though...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It is funny how the articles always appear to be at least a week out of date...

Some hammy bits, other bits could easily have been sexed-up, standard dose of healthy pinko muck. Was impressed with the Alain interview. Also appreciate the APS bits, as always.

Couldnt help notice some poor fellow receiving coverage of most of his bits, and face, in the Bush Week section. I just hope that his consent was sought, even though the act was done in pub(e)lic.

My major gripe is that it still reeks very Canberra/regional vibes. Bit rough around the edges/boganesque, which is Ye Old Canberra.
But it was mostly a good laugh as usual.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I found the caliber a little down on past issues so a slight disappointment.

As mentioned Bush week had passed by the time we laid hands on woroni making half the content surplus. And overall it seemed less 'edgy', the closest to pushing the boundaries was the Johns:Gay or Straight and the wogs=traitors article. A far cry from such boudary pushing as an article from the sex issue on bondage contracts.

I found the APS article abit of a let-down I was more hoping for an anonymous spy on the underbelly of the APS (perhaps having just finnished an ANIP programme last semester) reporting, in a hilarious fashion, on actually working in the APS. The actual article I found a little tepid.

Also I was sad to see that the 'polling' had disappeared. (On that note theres some guy hanging around Chifley giving BAs $10 to do a survey, he barred me for being a BA/BEc.... Any idea what it is?

Which is not to say there were no high points. For instance the censorship editorial and the reviews were quite good.

My conclusion is that this edition has been a victim of timing. Whereas others had such things as Lefty rabble disrupting abbott to report on the period this issue reported on was dominated by exams, mid-year break and a too-late reported Bush Week.

hangerm5

HSC
no idea what the survey was for but i'm straight BA (also straight and at Johns for anyone who cares) and dont have a job so i took the survey--money is money afterall.

rumour

HSC
There is still one more Bush Week activity taking place this week!

The big sleep-in on friday!!!

hangerm5

HSC
Part of me feels cheated by this--i have no class on friday anyway. Still, for everyone else that doesnt usually have a day off, enjoy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)