NFL, NRL or AFL (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
IRB. aka Rugby Union.

the rest are fairly the same - except afl, whilst you might not get hit as hard as in other codes, imo it has a higher degree of unpredictability. in the other codes, the majority of the time you can prepare yourself from getting hit hard.

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
NFL. The competition for a position in the NFL is way higher than any other code of football, which naturally pushes the benchmark fitness level up. They get the fastest, fittest, most physically intimidating players out of any sport. In terms of who takes the heaviest hitups, its hard to say from just watching them.

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Real men dont wear layers and layers of protective equipment eg shoulder pads, helmets, knee pads, thigh pads.

HSC
Having played union, league and afl, i would say afl. You might not have 100kg tongans running over you, but being used for a step ladder, or being tunneled and landing on you head from the top of a constest is pretty painful. Also, in other codes you are usually facing the opposition and can anticipate and brace yourself for impacts, whereas in alf you can be just standing there under a kick and have someone smash you from behind, and usually with their knee into you kidney. Union is least, because of the shortened distance between opposition in the forwards, impacts are much less and because your main objective is to get to the ground you arent fighting with the opposition like in league, you hit the line and drop pretty much. Thats just my opinion due to my experiences playing those games.

HSC
i have played all 4 sports and can say that the comments made about afl being unpredictable puts it over the top
who ever made the comments about nfl players being soft for wearing all the protection obviously hasn't played it. there is no reason to hold back at all and people don't. also your shins arn't protected so when someone rams their helmet into your leg you get messed up

johony

HSC
squiresshane990 said:
Union is least, because of the shortened distance between opposition in the forwards, impacts are much less and because your main objective is to get to the ground you arent fighting with the opposition like in league, you hit the line and drop pretty much. Thats just my opinion due to my experiences playing those games.
uhhh..rucking? rucking/mauling can be pretty fucking intense when it wants to be.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
i'd say afl you have to be much fitter. You run further, and for longer periods of time (20 minutes in each quarter AT LEAST, not to mention stoppages). In union you have to be stronger, especially if you're a forward.

I'd say NRL is a balance between the two, and it differs between positions. I don't know much about NFL to compare to the other codes.

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yer squireshane i dont think youve played much union. Theres definatly alot more goin on in the ruck in union than in league. After every game i played this season i had at least two new ruck marks. And you can just jam cunts cleaning out. Also you actually have to push in the scrums in union and that can be pretty painful and tiring..

Yer and afl you would need to be fitter, but i dont think you would have to fit at all to play nfl, they have so much stoppage.

HSC
aww noes ruck marks! im pretty sure iv played ten years of league, 2 of union and 1 of afl. yeah rucks are mauls are pretty intense, but theres no really big impacts in there unless you're a dumb cunt who gets cleaned up in a clear out. granted i'v only played in the forwards a few times, mostly winger, centre or fullback. mostly because im not a dumb cunt forward. And yes you have to be alot fitter for afl, fuck you run alot in that game

HSC
err no that was peter, but that was after the games anyway. pretty sure you got raped in the arse by peak hill sluts in soccer until you joined them and now are part of their sick cuntz bro gimme a smoke you white cunt or i'll coon knife you with my longneck bruz bra bru cunty der la bra derrr gang

Big neanderthals exists in every facet of sport. Take katies soccer team for example. All unevolved coons. All neanderthals who like start brawls and shit in games of womens soccer against year 10 red bend teams.

Edit: you havn't lived until you get threatened with a coon knifing in the main street at 1pm on a monday.

Last edited:
HSC
old.skool.kid said:
Yer squireshane i dont think youve played much union. Theres definatly alot more goin on in the ruck in union than in league. After every game i played this season i had at least two new ruck marks. And you can just jam cunts cleaning out. Also you actually have to push in the scrums in union and that can be pretty painful and tiring..

Yer and afl you would need to be fitter, but i dont think you would have to fit at all to play nfl, they have so much stoppage.
at local level it depends on your position cause some quick guys do alot of running often to no avail which in some ways makes in more tyring.
in the NFL even though there are so many stoppages when ever the play is happening you have to exert so much energy so quickly that you have to be fit. i remember watching a superbowl from a couple of years back and seeing one of the big linemen running down the field keeping up with the quick guys. Of course there was a guy about 20 years ago who weighed 350 poungs (about 140-160Kgs) who could run 100m in 11-12 seconds so you tell me if that is unfit

Mozza91

HSC
NRL is the toughest I think bigger players bigger hits then the other Aussie codes NFL has bigger hits but they've got so much protective gear you'd barely feel it

dannyboy71

HSC
dude just because they wear padding doesn't mean they don't feel hits. You know how many injuries they get in NFL. Damn they have like minimal rules on how you can hit people there as well, i've seen them use there helmets as battering rams dude.

johony

HSC
dannyboy71 said:
dude just because they wear padding doesn't mean they don't feel hits. You know how many injuries they get in NFL. Damn they have like minimal rules on how you can hit people there as well, i've seen them use there helmets as battering rams dude.
theres like 1 rule regarding tackling, and it's the facemask rule.

the top padding only covers your shoulders and chest, not the stomach area where you would be likely to be hit the most.

HSC
johony said:
theres like 1 rule regarding tackling, and it's the facemask rule.

the top padding only covers your shoulders and chest, not the stomach area where you would be likely to be hit the most.
and the horse collar but that is understandable

if anyone is wondering about how little rules there are for tackling find the video of the aussie afl player that is over there playing as a punter for the eagles get creamed by a ravens player and he wasn't even near the ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)