Votes: 5 62.5%
  • no!!!

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Luke_D said:
I haven't seen it yet but I'm planning to. A Russian made Horror film, could certainly be interesting :)
i wouldn't exactly call it a horror film. it does have vampires, but there aren't any moments that are played for a scare. just much crazy action. highlight of the movie was the kid watching buffy on tv. even if the movie was shit, that would have made it worth seeing for me

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i liked it. i thought that it was well done for not having a very big budget. and i thought the way the subtitles were designed was very unique and interesting. id recommend it.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i liked it. i thought that it was well done for not having a very big budget. and i thought the way the subtitles were designed was very unique and interesting. id recommend it.
kool kool thnx but i wont be needing the subtitles :rolleyes: lol hopefully i still can remember the language :p

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
spank_meh said:
kool kool thnx but i wont be needing the subtitles :rolleyes: lol hopefully i still can remember the language :p
i saw it with two russians, and throughout the movie they kept complaining about how crap the subtitles were and i kept complaining about how annoying they were. funtimes

icecreamdisco

HSC
haven't seen it yet, but i should - if only for the fact that it's bizarro to see a russian movie playing at the Hoyts in my local mall.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
haven't seen it yet, but i should - if only for the fact that it's bizarro to see a russian movie playing at the Hoyts in my local mall.
yeah lol but apparently it was like reely popular in russia nd lots of tickets were sold... yeah it'd beta be good.. :)
lol im gonna watch it with my friend wooo if he wont change his mind haha :S

crazyhomo said:
i saw it with two russians, and throughout the movie they kept complaining about how crap the subtitles were and i kept complaining about how annoying they were. funtimes
:eek: that wasnt nice of them coz err they could have done it at the end outside.. or wateva damm im sleepy hahah

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im russian. it was terrible. russian cinema meets the matrix. horrid

special_k

HSC
The subtitles were cool, and some of the effects. Vampires and russians is probably the sexiest combination ever. It was interesting...

scoby_2000

HSC
yea the subtitles were friken awesome!!

i saw this last week only coz id rather be shot than go and see pride and prejudice!!!

i thought it was really cool

HOWEVER, it is based on a book...and you know how some films that are based on books like you can understand....i kinda got the feeling that to FULLY understand this film you had to read the book

but you know wat r u gonna do ... its indo so yay for them producing a film and getting it internat!

i loved the shot where he is in bed and he sits up and the camera stays parallel to his body....that shot was awesome!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spank_meh said:
yeah lol but apparently it was like reely popular in russia nd lots of tickets were sold... yeah it'd beta be good.. :)
lol im gonna watch it with my friend wooo if he wont change his mind haha :S

:eek: that wasnt nice of them coz err they could have done it at the end outside.. or wateva damm im sleepy hahah
since when did ticket sales start correlating to movie quality?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
scoby_2000 said:
HOWEVER, it is based on a book...and you know how some films that are based on books like you can understand....i kinda got the feeling that to FULLY understand this film you had to read the book
it really wasn't a complicated movie...

scoby_2000

HSC
crazyhomo said:
it really wasn't a complicated movie...
yea but did you know why he was so disorientated? Did you know why it was an open end?

sure i could understand all these things, but i was just saying

for good films like LOTR you dont HAVE to of read the book

i was just saying i could tell it was based on a book as i believed it wasnt explained that well

that doesnt mean it was Donnie Darko or anything :p

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
scoby_2000 said:
yea but did you know why he was so disorientated? Did you know why it was an open end?
i'm not sure what you mean with that first question, but i'm guessing the answer to the second question is 'because its part one of a trilogy'

scoby_2000

HSC
crazyhomo said:
i'm not sure what you mean with that first question, but i'm guessing the answer to the second question is 'because its part one of a trilogy'
throughout like the first half of the film the guy is sooo disorientated...and its gestured to the fact that he feels the vampires and stuff....i just felt that it cud of been explained a bit more...simply...

and i didnt know it was a trilogy...how am i suppose to know? :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)