• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

nintendo: can they b king again??? (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
ShatteredDreams said:
Honestly I believe the N64 was a bit of a flop in a way as well.
*shakes head in disgust*

how can u say the N64 was a flop, although im sure ur opinion stands 4 alot!!!

the N64 was a beast. the reason most my mates got a ps1 was cause u could burn games, bloody tight arsers!!!

i think the cube was a flop 2 a degree. left me and my mates rather disappointed

i do agree with the whole connectivity issue. its bloody pointless and i cant 4 the life of me understand y nintendo tried 2 push it so hard

should of spent those funds on advertising!!!!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
fornstar said:
*shakes head in disgust*

the N64 was a beast. the reason most my mates got a ps1 was cause u could burn games, bloody tight arsers!!!

i think the cube was a flop 2 a degree. left me and my mates rather disappointed

i do agree with the whole connectivity issue. its bloody pointless and i cant 4 the life of me understand y nintendo tried 2 push it so hard

the proof for Nintendo is doing is doing crap is proven that they are having financial hard times, ie. they are in the red.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
theone123 said:
the proof for Nintendo is doing is doing crap is proven that they are having financial hard times, ie. they are in the red.
prove it, wat facts u got 2 support that comment???

HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
*shakes head in disgust*

Well, okay, sure, it was just my opinion.
I just thought it was a little repetitive having all games designed by either Nintendo themselves or Rare and every other company being ignored.

I'm glad they kinda fixed that mistake with the Gamecube though.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
ShatteredDreams said:
I just thought it was a little repetitive having all games designed by either Nintendo themselves or Rare and every other company being ignored.
who gives a fuk who makes the games, aslong as the r great games

it just so happened that both nintendo and rare were responsible 4 most of the great games on the N64, not all, but most

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
ShatteredDreams is right though in a way.

I think the N64 is the best console ever made and will be the most progressive than the new consoles for a few generations to come.

But the N64 left a bitter taste in a lot of fans mouths - Nintendo really screwed them over continually, especially towards the final years of the console.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Nintendo made some great games. It wouldnt surprise me if they made a comeback.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
All companies has em ups and downs, so Nintendo has been rising since 1970s, so its about time they are gonna decline a bit

Playstation hasnt existed too long. I mean just since PSone..Thats only been like 8 years. So PS has started good with a deep incline in sales and market popularity. But someday they will step down and Nintendo or some other would climb up again = )

Damn, that sounded like shares, huh?

HSC
N/A
fornstar said:
who gives a fuk who makes the games, aslong as the r great games

it just so happened that both nintendo and rare were responsible 4 most of the great games on the N64, not all, but most
Okay, here comes the truth.
I completely skipped the N64/Psone era of consoling. So I probably have the least valuable opinion here. (I jumped from the SNES to the cube and ps2)

I just think that RARE in particular excelled at only making two genres of games, being adventure games (Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, etc.) and First Person Shooters (Goldeneye/Perfect Dark) and because of the lack of different developers that the N64 had, it lacked different genres of games. I could be wrong but I don't really recall hearing of *any* RPG's that the N64 had. And not that I'm a fan of them or anything but there seemed to be no "real" racing games (ie. Not like Mario Kart or Diddy Kong racing) ... and if you think about it now, they are two extremely popular gaming genres.

That being said,
Multiplayer wise, N64 completely hammered the PS.

Anyway, as I stated previously that's just my opinion and I tried to back it up.
and my opinion is probably strongly affected the back that I went from the Cube BACK to the N64 and so I missed this "revolutionary 3d" stuff that the 64 was famous for. "THE CAMERA WORKS SO WELL" really doesn't cut it when you go from Zelda: wind waker, back to Ocarina of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)