• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nintendo DS or PSP?? (1 Viewer)

Riewe

HSC
I am absolutely loving my DS (haven't touched the cube or ps2 since i got it, except for some God of War).

Great games like MK, AC, AW, and the japanese games Ouendan and Band Brothers, have taken up nearly all my holiday break.

Ouendan is simply one of the greatest games ever, no matter how much i play it, i just want to continue, and i don't see myself stopping any time soon.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Anyone seen the new DS lite? Smaller, thinner, brighter screen and looks way better than the old one

iwannarock

HSC
Schroedinger said:
False, it's a locked out system with poor battery life and woeful games at the moment.

It is a woeful machine.

The DS is a phenomenal machine, now, I had the option of choosing both as I had put aside 500 for a portable, I played with the PSP, some soccer game which pretty much bored me, the PSP looked kinda slick but that was about it.

Then I went and messed with a DS.

Mario Kart DS.

It blew me away. Absolutely blew me away. I also ordered Electroplankton from Liksang and it is just amazing.

The PSP is an unevolved attempt at a portable playstation. it is old world design with a standard method of input.

The DS has the touch screen and the microphone, and the wifi stuff [Admittedly the PSP has it but doesn't have anywhere near the amazing utilisation of it that the DS has]. The Dual Screens work so well on many games, and it is just flat out the best handheld of this generation.

Sure, the PSP's shiny and all but there are NO killer games. None whatsoever. The DS has Metroid Hunters coming out and it has MK DS and a whole slew of other upcoming awesome games (Such as the new mario) to totally blow audiences away.

Nintendo's evolving constantly to redefine how we interact with games to have fun, the DS is an example of this. I'll admit, at first I was a huge sceptic, but after playing it and buying it, I'm totally amazed.

Within 20 seconds of getting home i'd configured it with my home's wireless, and after about 5 minutes I'd called up some mates, got their friend codes and given them mine and was playing Mario Kart DS wirelessly across the internet against them.

At the moment, the PSP's only good for portable video, and then, why bother, I've got a video iPod, I don't need a PSP.

DS for lyef.
yes i totally agree.

i got the mario kart ds bundle thing for $200. best $200 i ever spent. the game is bloody awesome.

i ordered the wi-fi usb connector from nintendo. should be coming any day now so i'll be racing online soon.

i dunno what game to get next. i think i may get animal crossing.

iwannarock

HSC
hey shroedinger gimme ur damn friend code for mario kart so i can race you.

iwannarock

HSC
my friend code is

309303 - 514688

i can race anytime.

iwannarock

HSC
ok bazooka joe i'll add you.

now if only shroed would reply.

A z T e X

HSC
I think that the PSP has alot of power in it! with beautiful graphics and some very nice games... however i really hate loading times and it is just a bit too big for me along with my iPod... and i know that it can play music but it can't sync with iTunes which i love using...

I will soon buy a Nintendo DS Lite, it's really nice, glossy white, and so much smaller, what the DS SHOULD have been.... plus now all the cool games have come/are coming out for it like Mario Kart and last week Metroid Prime:Hunters and Tetris DS came out and all of them allowing for WiFi play which is a big bonus in my books....

wee first post!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
The PSP has a crap game lineup, but i will choose it over the DS primarily because of it's technology and other features.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i am addicted to

-tetris DS
-mario kart DS
and
-Brain Age....

the games and features in the DS... esp the DS download play and cost was good.. sudoku on the DS is better than on the PSP... its unique game play..

tho the PSP price is dropping soon..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
PSP may be a technologically more advanced machine, but if the games aren't engaging or clever then who gives a damn.

NDS all the way.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
A z T e X said:
I think that the PSP has alot of power in it! with beautiful graphics and some very nice games
Name one.

The only reason for a PSP over a DS is it's media capabilities (UMD, anyone?) and, dare I say it, modding community.

501n2u

HSC
Well I have both PSP and NDS, PSP looks better BUT I have to admit that the games on NDS are by far a lot better.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
501n2u said:
Well I have both PSP and NDS, PSP looks better BUT I have to admit that the games on NDS are by far a lot better.
thats cos the games on NDS are more unisex and different... PSP games are usually aimed at 16-35 yr old males...

am still addicted to trauma center :S... but im a lil stuck...

modding community for NDS exists too...its less intrusive.. PSP mod for a HDD was kewl^^

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
man, im over that operation game. i want my phoenix down (is that what its called?) back. its awesome.

also advance wars is pretty good, but very similar to the one on gba

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)