Nintendo Switch (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't know what it is, here's the original trailer from last October:

And here's a newer video from the recent presentation.

To me, it's a shade under AU$500 and I'm not too sure I want to invest in another Nintendo platform given the Wii U wasn't a great investment despite it appealing to the missus.

highshill

HSC
There are some pros and cons

Pros:
Good graphics, high 4K
Good games like Legend of Zelda, or Mario Odyssey or Sonic Forces, Sonic Mania, Arms and more

Cons:
it's kind of a modern update of the wii u Nintendo in my opinion has just added switchable remotes and you can access it any where you are which was the intentioned market for the wii u, I never her less feel it to be a revoloutionary product but it's certain not a complete original idea, but If do you don't have the wii u I would buy it

I too would buy it probably after my HSC finishes so can I relax and play it until university starts. As I really enjoy playing video games for leisure.

But at the end it depends at your likes and interests if you have your heart set on take, that is why we work in the first place so we can have an enjoyable life.but make your budget Fits don't go over budget, if you have to then wait trust me the price will go down real soon.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm really debating it still... I want to play Pokken Tournament lol. Mario looks good too even though it's not even 1080p when docked according to digital foundry.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
i dont really wanna play any games unless it can be made into a social thing

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bought it in the end... and even rebought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (after owning it on Wii U) but somehow the wife really enjoys playing it, and it's just so easy to do multiplayer on it compared to the Wii U where you had the awkwardness of one person having a huge Gamepad and everyone else had crappy Wiimotes. Now everyone has crappy Joycons but they're easy to use.

On another note, I bought Pokken but it's way too complicated to play at this hour.... need something braindead.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Switch is turning out to be the biggest surprise for me. Very enjoyable. Pity the eShop is crap.

ShootingDuck

HSC
Definitely been loving the switch heaps more than the wii u. The wii u was fun and I still pull it out for party to play super smash bros but it definitely pales in comparison to the switch. Its only been out for less than a year and I already have more games on the switch than i had on the wii u.

I'd argue that the eshop this time around is actually pretty solid this time around. Sure there are no virtual console games right now but it does give indie games time to shine. (Don't want to buy the same game over and over). You got heaps of cool indies like stardew valley, sonic mania, enter the gungeon, golf story, ect. If you got other consoles it probably doesn't mean too much since there are very little exclusive switch indie games. But being able to play stuff like stardew valley in bed is pretty sweet.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't believe I bought the NES controllers from Nintendo for Switch Online but it's surprisingly satisfying to play... that, and I enjoy Smash and Pokemon Let's Go too.

Semkeluise

HSC
Does it even make sense to buy a similar device in 2022?

HSC
The hardware is pretty god awful value (very outdated overpriced nvidia chip) but Nintendo makes up for it with the really fun games
That's true. Nintendo cannot give a rat's about hardware and the nVidia Tegra is almost a whole decade outdated. The gimmick of the "switching" of the Nintendo Switch is also makes up for it as well as having Nintendo's killer apps.

notme123

HSC
Ye only reason you'd get one is for the exclusives like aforementioned. tbh no killer apps like zelda botw have released in the past two years and pokemon doesnt count cuz it sells regardless of quality. last major release i can think of is xenoblade 3 nearly two months ago which is jrpg which isnt the most popular genre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)