Nissan's Egg-shaped car (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
http://www.barking-moonbat.com/index.php/weblog/2005/10/01/
No More Backing Up With Nissan’s New Egg Shaped Car
TOKYO (AP)

Nissan has come up with a way to help drivers back out of tight parking spots.

The Japanese automaker has developed an egg-shaped car whose body pivots 360 degrees so that its rear end becomes the front.

The Pivo was shown Friday at a Tokyo Nissan showroom and is an experimental model that probably won’t go on sale for several years.

It’s a three-seater electric car that looks like a big egg on wheels. Its body revolves in a complete circle while its wheels stay put.

Such moves are possible because Pivo’s steering, wheels and other parts are controlled electronically by wireless signals, not mechanical links.
I don't know if it's been discussed before, but i thought it was pretty funny.
Looks like it would struggle going up hill.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Yeahhhhhh i saw this on "Beyond Tommorow" the other day. Its so cool, no need for reverse parking with this car because the body just spins right around. And its tiny. I thought it was cute.

Pace_T

HSC
BAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHA the ugliest piece of shit i have ever seen
definately another 1 to add to the jap crap collection lol

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha... saw it a while ago in the papers.

What I still don't get is how the whole turning mechanism will work with the steering wheel automatically changing direction? I'm guessing that when the bubble is facing either front or back, the steering is locked?... doesn't that mean, if you're in traffic, you can't just turn around because it takes quite a while to rotate doesn't it? *shrugs*

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Volkswagen: We don't just make ugly badging, we also make ugly cars.
Holden: We know you only care about engine capacity, that's why our design crew lack a sense of taste.
BMW: We charge you $30,000 for the badge cause we know you consumers are stupid enough to pay for it.
Daewoo: We aren't actually a car company, we actually manufacture coffins. One day our marketing director had the great idea of putting wheels onto our coffins and stuffing a cheap engine inside and calling it a car. That's why it doesn't have any safety features but god damn is that a good looking coffin.
Holden: We know women don't actually belong on the roads, and women love a cheap, small car. That's why we decided to source our Barinas from Daewoo.
General Motors: Our greatest achievement was convincing Americans to pay different prices for the same car but with a different body. Who knew they were so easily conned?
Holden: We decided to take General Motors idea and expand on it. That's how the Commodore was born.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
transcendent said:
Volkswagen: We don't just make ugly badging, we also make ugly cars.
Holden: We know you only care about engine capacity, that's why our design crew lack a sense of taste.
BMW: We charge you $30,000 for the badge cause we know you consumers are stupid enough to pay for it.
Daewoo: We aren't actually a car company, we actually manufacture coffins. One day our marketing director had the great idea of putting wheels onto our coffins and stuffing a cheap engine inside and calling it a car. That's why it doesn't have any safety features but god damn is that a good looking coffin.
Holden: We know women don't actually belong on the roads, and women love a cheap, small car. That's why we decided to source our Barinas from Daewoo.
General Motors: Our greatest achievement was convincing Americans to pay different prices for the same car but with a different body. Who knew they were so easily conned?
Holden: We decided to take General Motors idea and expand on it. That's how the Commodore was born.
ROFLMAO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)