No idea what i want to do in uni?? HELP? (1 Viewer)

user1234567890

HSC
so i defs want to go to unsw because it seems like such a great uni but i dont know what i want to do?

i wanted to do medicine but it then changed to engineering, then business, actuary, and so on

i basically considered most courses except law and humanities ones.

My interests are:
- MATHS (i defs want to do something that requires at least a bit of maths)
- science
- how things work & why things are the way they are

i would like:
- maybe an office job? something that doesnt involve me going to a construction site or something along those lines
- decent pay?
- not long super long hours

any ideas what i could do in uni? and what jobs i could get out of that?

also, another question, how did you decide on the course you wanted to study in uni? did you know what you wanted to do early on?

JuliusSeizure

HSC
you could run your own business doing something along the lines of maths/science???

Silly Sausage

HSC
so i defs want to go to unsw because it seems like such a great uni but i dont know what i want to do?

i wanted to do medicine but it then changed to engineering, then business, actuary, and so on

i basically considered most courses except law and humanities ones.

My interests are:
- MATHS (i defs want to do something that requires at least a bit of maths)
- science
- how things work & why things are the way they are

i would like:
- maybe an office job? something that doesnt involve me going to a construction site or something along those lines
- decent pay?
- not long super long hours

any ideas what i could do in uni? and what jobs i could get out of that?

also, another question, how did you decide on the course you wanted to study in uni? did you know what you wanted to do early on?

Engineering would suit this quite well (except for maybe civil-construction), have you considering programming? UNSW is quite renown for computer science. Have a look at electrical engineering, its got a good mix of math (a lot of it actually), physics (things like electromagnetism and even a hint of quantum mechanics) and fair bit of programming (development, matlab, assembly).
You can also combine it with commerce and get a job in finance with your quantitative/programming skills (although IB would require you to work 70-100 hours/week, but that's another story).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)