No more Africans (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
Not all africans are black. In fact many refugees from Zimbabwe are actually whites :D
Your absolutely correct, but I was simplifing the discussion through the use of a 'black' african name

K

katie_tully

williams180

HSC
its definetly not racist this whole not letting africans in. Clearly a governement can pick and choose what type of people we allow into this country. If they feel it is in the best interests of the immigrants, the governement and the citizens of Australia to take a harsher stance on allowing unproductive non integrated africans then good on the government. Its definetly not a racist thing its called choosing who comes into our country. Anyone who thinks its racist is a joke and is the type of person who doesnt care how many or who we let in and is just promoting open borders and excessive government spending on people who wont appreciate it. Its a joke the government should be helping immigrants in the first place.

K

katie_tully

As I said earlier, people brand this racist for lack of a better argument.

mable

HSC
williams180 said:
its definetly not racist this whole not letting africans in. Clearly a governement can pick and choose what type of people we allow into this country. If they feel it is in the best interests of the immigrants, the governement and the citizens of Australia to take a harsher stance on allowing unproductive non integrated africans then good on the government. Its definetly not a racist thing its called choosing who comes into our country. Anyone who thinks its racist is a joke and is the type of person who doesnt care how many or who we let in and is just promoting open borders and excessive government spending on people who wont appreciate it. Its a joke the government should be helping immigrants in the first place.
type of people??? and thats not a racist comment what on earth does that even mean...Maybe its not refugees who struggle to integrate into "australian society" but australian society itself which fails overcome its reluctance to accept other racial groups and help them overcom'e the barriers which society and governments often unknowingly put up...Its a disguise for the prejudice towards certain groups that is an unfortunate part of australian history.

How can we say these people dont follow the australian way of life and are "unproductive" members of the community. What is the australian way of life anyway? Cricket, beer and mateship? Why should they have to adopt a certain way of living when its hardly surprising to find anglo-australians abusing our so called relaxed culture... More often than not it is anglo auustralians who have been here since european settlement that show the most prejusdice towards other cultures and nationalities. that comment itself may seem racist but as an "anglo aussie" myself I've seen such racism in my own family. Integration tests just prove that in some ways we havent moved on from the the old thinking, the white australia policy and we're adopting the policys of Pauline Hanson and the crap that is the one nation party.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
katie_tully said:
As I said earlier, people brand this racist for lack of a better argument.
No one ever claims racism when non-white countries don't let in white people. It's a ridiculous double standard.

K

katie_tully

How can we say these people dont follow the australian way of life and are "unproductive" members of the community. What is the australian way of life anyway? Cricket, beer and mateship? Why should they have to adopt a certain way of living when its hardly surprising to find anglo-australians abusing our so called relaxed culture... More often than not it is anglo auustralians who have been here since european settlement that show the most prejusdice towards other cultures and nationalities. that comment itself may seem racist but as an "anglo aussie" myself I've seen such racism in my own family. Integration tests just prove that in some ways we havent moved on from the the old thinking, the white australia policy and we're adopting the policys of Pauline Hanson and the crap that is the one nation party.
Worst post ever. You are trivialising the integration issue.
It's not the 'Australian way of life' they're failing to meet. It's integration. They're uneducated, they don't speak English, they are clashing within their own communities within Australia.

It isn't racist. They're not getting stopped because they're black. They're getting stopped because they cannot integrate and they just happen to be African.

jimmayyy

HSC
katie_tully said:
It's not the 'Australian way of life' they're failing to meet. It's integration. They're uneducated, they don't speak English, they are clashing within their own communities within Australia.

It isn't racist. They're not getting stopped because they're black. They're getting stopped because they cannot integrate and they just happen to be African.
im agreeing with you way too much lately tully, but...

i agree. as soon as someone raises the point about migrant groups people automatically scream "OMFG RACIST, MULTICULTURALISM, WHAT, DO THEY HAVE TO BE BOGANS TO FIT IN?" and clearly that's just missing the point.

K

katie_tully

It is the confusion with 'integration' and 'assimilation'. Integration comes before assimilation. If you've assimilated you've obviously integrated. They're not even integrating though, and therein lies the problem.

There is no racist angle, no matter how much ya'll want there to be.

banco55

HSC
mable said:
type of people??? and thats not a racist comment what on earth does that even mean...Maybe its not refugees who struggle to integrate into "australian society" but australian society itself which fails overcome its reluctance to accept other racial groups and help them overcom'e the barriers which society and governments often unknowingly put up...Its a disguise for the prejudice towards certain groups that is an unfortunate part of australian history.

You are right every immigrant is the same as every other immigrant and someone on the dole is just as productive as the Vietnamese refugee who's now an MD. How dare anyone say otherwise.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, am I on stormfront??? Who spoofed the URL?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
No one ever claims racism when non-white countries don't let in white people. It's a ridiculous double standard.
lol, Mahathir or Lee Kuan Yew ring any bells ? probably not for you

Last edited:

williams180

HSC
katie_tully said:

exactly.

mable

HSC
katie_tully said:

How the fuck do you yourself define integration then??? integration is, in simple terms i admit, fitting in to a certain society. They may be uneducated by western standards which is half the reason they need help integrating into australia instead of recieving prejudice because they alone struggle to do so. What evidence do you have that they are clashing within their own communities? Maybe I am trivialising the integration issue, but then again so are the people who say its not racism.

In your opinion its not racism, neither does the governement doesn't believe its racism, but when one cultural group is pinpointed and rejected from society what is it called? and yes you are going to say that comment was trivial, simplistic whatever but thats what I believe. Multiculturalism wont work if we dont let it.

williams180

HSC
mable said:
How the fuck do you yourself define integration then??? integration is, in simple terms i admit, fitting in to a certain society. They may be uneducated by western standards which is half the reason they need help integrating into australia instead of recieving prejudice because they alone struggle to do so. What evidence do you have that they are clashing within their own communities? Maybe I am trivialising the integration issue, but then again so are the people who say its not racism.

In your opinion its not racism, neither does the governement doesn't believe its racism, but when one cultural group is pinpointed and rejected from society what is it called? and yes you are going to say that comment was trivial, simplistic whatever but thats what I believe. Multiculturalism wont work if we dont let it.
yes but why should we. If it is too much trouble both logistically and financially to assist in the immigration process for these african migrants then why should the government keep wasting inefficient use of monetary value from our taxes on the situation. If they can integrate it would not be a problem but the way they have failed to adapt to their new home and the persistent troubles it causes the government it is quite reasonably that we stop the flow of migrants from that part of the world for the time being at least.

K

katie_tully

They may be uneducated by western standards
Pissing and shitting upstream from your drinking water is not uneducated by western standards, it's uneducated by all standards. :s
That is the point though. They are coming to a western country. They are uneducated by western standards.
half the reason they need help integrating into australia instead of recieving prejudice because they alone struggle to do so.
And if you morons understood the point of the exercise you would realise that is what they are now addressing. They are addressing ways in which to make integration easier, they are addressing the education issue, the language barrier. THEY HAVE FILLED THEIR QUOTA AND ARE GOING TO FOCUS ON ADDRESSING THESE ISSUES BEFORE THEY RESUME ANOTHER AFRICAN REFUGEE INTAKE SO THAT FUTURE GENERATIONS OF AFRICAN REFUGEES FIND IT EASIER TO INTEGRATE.

Maybe I am trivialising the integration issue, but then again so are the people who say its not racism.
It's not racism. The government doesn't hate Africans.

Multiculturalism wont work if we dont let it.
1. Multiculturalism doesn't work
2. This isn't even an issue of multiculturalism, because once again, multiculturalism would imply a level of integration with the host country.

K

katie_tully

yes but why should we. If it is too much trouble both logistically and financially to assist in the immigration process for these african migrants then why should the government keep wasting inefficient use of monetary value from our taxes on the situation. If they can integrate it would not be a problem but the way they have failed to adapt to their new home and the persistent troubles it causes the government it is quite reasonably that we stop the flow of migrants from that part of the world for the time being at least.
But we aren't stopping the flow of migrants, we're stopping refugees...a point which keeps being missed.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
katie_tully said:
I don't quite think that is the problem, however if you're living in a predominantly English speaking country I think it should be expected that you learn a basic level of English. It'd be like going to Sudan and not being able to speak Arabic. Life would be difficult.

But as I said, the language barrier is the least problematic issue.
I agree with you. All migrants should have facilities available to them where they can learn basic English.

But on the topic of this thread I'm really furious. Especially since Sudan is literally one of the many countries on the brink of being invaded (as a trigger for Iran) So basically, we've learnt from our past mistakes. From now on before we invade and pillage third world countries for their resources, we'll stop them from becoming refugees and seeking protection in Australia. That way we'll have less people who oppose our governments in the country.

Great planning.

Last edited:

RTTTYTR

HSC
sam04u said:
I agree with you. All migrants should have facilities available to them where they can learn basic English.

But on the topic of this thread I'm really furious. Especially since Sudan is literally one of the many countries on the brink of being invaded (as a trigger for Iran) So basically, we've learnt from our past mistakes. From now on before we invade and pillage third world countries for their resources, we'll stop them from becoming refugees and seeking protection in Australia. That way we'll have less people who oppose our governments in the country.

Great planning.
So will the government make exceptions for individuals from Africa or all refugees excluded regardless of extenuating circumstances?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)