No more english!! so what have u gained from 2yrs of english?? (1 Viewer)

dkapernaros

HSC
Oh alot becuz as u kno when we are writing out resume or working for someone, knowing were to put qoutation marks is realy fking important. the Subject is as useful as geography which isnt very useful.

morganforrest

HSC
A little bit...probably the most useful thing it's taught me is how to write densely, succinctly and get to the point. Which probably will be useful in resumes.

Was going through a few job applications with Dad the other day, if these people had only done the hsc today they would know how to answer the question they're being asked.

But other than that, very little

hayleyl

HSC
aBSOLUTELY nothing lol waste of time for me, I hated every minute of it. And thins dam subject will bring down my UAI significantly :(

HSC
I think.....english was actually quite useover over year 12 (but not year 11).

Certainly tought me a lot of crap about crap one needs to know to consider themselves smart.

Gosford

HSC
yea same about bringing down my uai...
if i didnt have to to do english... i could have down pdh/pe... which i could have got band 6 instead of band 4/5 english... aaarrrgghhh!

eppingMCE

HSC
dkapernaros said:
Oh alot becuz as u kno when we are writing out resume or working for someone, knowing were to put qoutation marks is realy fking important. the Subject is as useful as geography which isnt very useful.
Lol atleast you've learned about sarcasm.

FromDeeEast

HSC
eppingMCE said:
Lol atleast you've learned about sarcasm.
didnt need yr 11 and yr 12 english to learn that :mad:

i hated it, goin to bring my uai down significantly :(

jazzmuzik

HSC
I have been enlightened to the importance of man's relationship with the natural world...

I have learnt that the truth worth of any text is its ability to shift and change with the world around it...

I have learnt that the truth is indeed not always as simple as it appears...

and finally...

I have learnt that imaginative journeys have the power to extrapolate reality into fantastical realms, that return us to our own reality "blessed and altered"

Now, what to do with all this useful information... (??)

N1C0L3

HSC
i learnt that the play 'Away' my michael Gow is the shittest most basico play/book i have ever read, the whole story line is crap.. its like a year 7 person wrote it and it is so unrealistic its like bold and the beautiful shallowness.
I also learnt that We All Fall Down is boring as shit too and that that we dont need to know film techniques to get through life because they are a useless waste of time unless you want to get into the film making industry or journalism which alot of ppl probably dont, even still u dont need to learn them in year 12!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)