No show (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Say someone didn't show up for an exam today; completely missed it with the examiner taking away her papers, writing on the blue slip and then crossing over it.

What's gonna happen now?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
They would get 0 for their external mark in that subject.

B35tY

HSC
And the person with the lowest rank would get 0 as their internal assessment mark, i think..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hmm. i was wondering this myself, coz i noticed at least 5 empty desks near me during english paper 2... they had booklets and things on them... but do they put stuff on EVERY desk even if noones gonna sit there? coz i was like "wtf, 5 people cant possibly have not shown up" like i know my school is slightly dero but come on, 5 people?? for ENGLISH? as if you would miss such an important exam...

karoooh

HSC
^

They didn't put stuff on the empty desks at our school. Did the people turn up to the other Eng paper?

I think it's a non-attempt too. But then how do the marks work out?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
LottoX said:
Well, if there were numbers on those desks, then there should have been people on those desks.
yeah ur right. hah, guess there's some people who just don't care then. rofl i bet i could guess who they are too...but i wont coz that would be mean.

Datto120

HSC
What exam was it for? Some vet courses u can choose not to sit the exam eg it.
Or she might of been silly and was sick and just got a doctors certificate???

We had 2 boys last yr not show up for any of their exams because they were told by school teachers because of the number of n awards they were at risk of not getting a hsc. So they didnt go n failed when they actually could of sat the exams!!!

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
Maybe they were sick or something happened?

I'm sure something can be done about it if the persons shows up with a doctor's certificate.

gemrism

HSC
Doesnt your excuse have to be VERY seriosu to not turn up??

karoooh

HSC
Datto120 said:
What exam was it for? Some vet courses u can choose not to sit the exam eg it.
Or she might of been silly and was sick and just got a doctors certificate???

We had 2 boys last yr not show up for any of their exams because they were told by school teachers because of the number of n awards they were at risk of not getting a hsc. So they didnt go n failed when they actually could of sat the exams!!!
Nah. It was for Ancient.

@ flyingdown: The BOS requires that, regardless if your sick or whatever, you have to turn up on the day, at the beginning of the exam to sign the misadventure form. You don't have to even try it or something or you can write your student number down - Bit sketchy on those details. But I know for certain that you HAVE to turn up to sign the misadventure form. They made that really clear for a couple of days and last term. Doctor's certificate won't hold up.

Anyway, I just hope it wasn't something silly, cos she, IMO, was really prepared for the exam and it would've been a shame for her to miss out, is all.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There are times when a person can't show up on the day itself to sign the misadventure form e.g. car accident, death of a family member in another city (we have had a girl in this situation where she sat the two English papers and her grandmother died in QLD and her family took her up there for the funeral etc and she missed a coupld of the exams some years ago), so ill they are hospitalised etc.

In these cases they fill in the Misadventure Form as soon as possible but before the deadline, and then they are treated accordingly.

Failure to submit the Misadventure Form sees them out of the scaling process and has no impact on the other students in their classes.

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hmm. i was wondering this myself, coz i noticed at least 5 empty desks near me during english paper 2... they had booklets and things on them... but do they put stuff on EVERY desk even if noones gonna sit there? coz i was like "wtf, 5 people cant possibly have not shown up" like i know my school is slightly dero but come on, 5 people?? for ENGLISH? as if you would miss such an important exam...
i thought this was happening at my school wen i saw empty desks but soon realised they were all special provisions kids and were in the library. They bring thier exams in after and sit them on their desks so that nothings out of order i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)