ding ding ding

which is better in terms of features?
value for money?
etc

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
So lets start physically. Both phones have the same shape and size. Now the E71 has a nice chrome metal finish at the back, so by looks E71 stands outs (nothin too special).

Now lets go technical. Firstly E71 has 3mp camera, the e63 has 2mp. Camera wise neither are any good, the Es dont really have Carl Zeiss optics or tessar lens like the N series so image and video quality aint the best. Both phones also share the same smart phone symbian S60 3.1 version. So features will be similar to identical.

The E63 does not come with memory in box, just 110mb dynamic built in memory. The E71 has 2gb memory card included in box. But hey memory cards are cheap anyway these days and 2gb aint nothin fancy my n85 came with 8gb.

My verdict go with E63, real good for that price and was wifi, which is something i find very useful + the its a smart phone. Only other competition i can think of is the nokia 6220 classic which has a 5mp camera and symbian BUT has no wifi, this is availvable on prepaid for about $230.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
So lets start physically. Both phones have the same shape and size. Now the E71 has a nice chrome metal finish at the back, so by looks E71 stands outs (nothin too special).

Now lets go technical. Firstly E71 has 3mp camera, the e63 has 2mp. Camera wise neither are any good, the Es dont really have Carl Zeiss optics or tessar lens like the N series so image and video quality aint the best. Both phones also share the same smart phone symbian S60 3.1 version. So features will be similar to identical.

The E63 does not come with memory in box, just 110mb dynamic built in memory. The E71 has 2gb memory card included in box. But hey memory cards are cheap anyway these days and 2gb aint nothin fancy my n85 came with 8gb.

My verdict go with E63, real good for that price and was wifi, which is something i find very useful + the its a smart phone. Only other competition i can think of is the nokia 6220 classic which has a 5mp camera and symbian BUT has no wifi, this is availvable on prepaid for about $230.
This post is incorrect. in too many ways

E71 is slimmer, has a chrome finish (which i don't like i prefer the soft touch plastic on the e63) , has a GPS and HSDPA 3G, 3mp camera which the E63 Does not

The E63 Comes with a 1GB micro SD card (in the phone)

Both phones have wifi

Source : Looking into it recently and i went with the E63 due to price

Last edited:

lolwth

Banned
HSC
exactly
therefore
iphone is better

also it looks better
plus
itunes

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
iphones plans are a rip off and the battery life is crap.

the nokia e63 has 400 and something hours standb battery, it runs apps and it look hot.
and you can get it on a 20 dollar cap on virgin

and itunes really is not that good.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
who cares
itunes is more popular
you can get iphones for that much, its a shit plan lol who wants a $20 plan with like $6 included calls hahaha povo
yeah it wont last 400hrs if you actually use it for anything lol

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
who cares
itunes is more popular
you can get iphones for that much, its a shit plan lol who wants a $20 plan with like $6 included calls hahaha povo
popular does not equal good.

the virgin plan for the e63 is 20 bucks a month with 50 dollars value or you can pay 9 dollars extra a month and get 150 dollars included value.

The cheapest iphone deal i have seen is 44 dollars a month! show me this 20 dollar one you think you can get

lolwth

Banned
HSC
whoa $50 whole buck credit!

dont you have any friends lol $50 would last me a week

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
who cares
itunes is more popular
You're a complete and utter douche...
The iPhones standby battery lasts maybe 48 hours...

I have a 32GB 3GS and the longest its lasted for without me using it at all, 3G and WiFi turned off is like 56 hours... maybe...

And yea... I have the $59 cap with Optus... but I tend to constantly text and make phone calls for organising gigs and such an whatnot. So for me $330 worth of phone calls to anyone, $350 of calls to Optus (which all my friends are with), unlimited texts and 700MB of data lasts me a whole month just about... so it's pretty perfect value for me :D

If he gets free calls to friends, that's awesome. I'd rather pay $20 a month that $73 including handset repayments. The only reason I got the iPhone is because some of the Apps and having a decent mp3 player and smart phone is good when you're a muso. Otherwise the Nokia E63

But I don't mind. I come home and put it on the dock to play music anyways... so yea :)

And the ONLY thing iTunes is good for is the store... That's why it's popular. It's a TERRIBLE player and a TERRIBLE Library organiser and is a resource hog...

untouchablecuz

HSC
anyone have the e63 with GPS installed? (such as garmin mobile xt)

i've read that it doesnt have gps receiver, so essentially it becomes a street directory

e71 however, does have a reciever

ONLY thing that may sway me to the e71

but it costs like 200 bucks more

so ill prob go for the e63

thanks guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)