Non recent school leaver transfers? (1 Viewer)

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
I was just wondering what the deal is when you have a UAI high enough to be able to do a particular course atm, but you're not a recent school leaver? I heard it's different, as in it's not possible to simply walk into that course just because you have a high enough UAI. I know of people who dropped out of a course and reapplied for another one they had the UAI for, but weren't accepted. Do they take uni marks into consideration as well? Since my uni marks so far have ben quite poor. Thanks in advance for any help.

candy2000

HSC
it's 50% UAI, 50% uni marks. Some uni's (eg UTS) also require personal statements. I think sometimes you can also transfer internally but i think this occurs less now. if you haven't completed a full year of uni i think they just take uai.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Have you completed a full academic year? If not, your UAI is all that they consider. So, if your 2004 UAI is much higher than the cutoff (not just a few decimals but a few POINTS) then I'd probably take a gamble and a leave of absence for a semester so your UAI will count.

That's only if your uni marks for first semester are crap though. Don't decide until you actually get your subject marks back - anything above D is good, below C is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)