Non-smokers: Would you date a smoker? (1 Viewer)

aimstar555

HSC
my ex smokes...just as a casual thing...i think in most relationships if the chicks a non-smoker, she'll nag him for a while, saying "it's bad 4 ya health, it smells gross" etc etc... but then u gotta realise that it's THEIR body, THEIR lungs and they can do watever they wish with them. and the guy will be happy you've stopped nagging too :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I wouldn't. Can't stand smoking. The girl might be perfect - pretty, funny, intelligent. But man, i would just find it hard to get over the smoking bit. Maybe if she never smoked in front of me and used breath freshners =)

12-51

Custom User Title
HSC
It wouldn't bother me too much..but I guess it'd be bad if he was a chain smoker who smoked 60 cigarettes a day or something. Casual smoking wouldn't bother me though

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
The only reason I wouldn't date a non-smoker is cos it smells and tastes so bad... not because of any moral issues.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I can handle dating a guy who smokes, I don't smoke myself. But I can't handle when they smoke around me, if they wanna do it, they go outside. Otherwise it gets in my hair and everything...

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Zoltan said:
The only reason I wouldn't date a non-smoker is cos it smells and tastes so bad... not because of any moral issues.
Non smokers smell and taste bad?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Tulipa said:
i personally LOVE the taste of a guy after he's had a cigarette

me too, and ive never even smoked
and strangely enough I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke, my ex is a heaps huge smoker and i made him leave the room or whatever and get away from me if he wanted to smoke haha

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I only smoke socially but no matter how bad it is for you, and i KNOW it is... You cannot deny that smoking is oh so SEXY! Go on, admit it...even if you don't kile the smell, taste etc, i just find it really alluring. I would look twice at someone say, at a party, smoking while i wouldn't necessarily if he wasn't smoking. Just my thing.

I'm going to get crucified, i can feel it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AlleyCat said:
I only smoke socially but no matter how bad it is for you, and i KNOW it is... You cannot deny that smoking is oh so SEXY! Go on, admit it...even if you don't kile the smell, taste etc, i just find it really alluring. I would look twice at someone say, at a party, smoking while i wouldn't necessarily if he wasn't smoking. Just my thing.

I'm going to get crucified, i can feel it.
o yeah you are, oh so SEXY???

no i would not date a smoker unless :p :D was 'out of this world'. but someone who was 'out of this world' would have at least half a brain and so wouldn't be smoking, i hope (i will probably meet a fantastic smoker tomorrow). if i meet a person who smokes i don't tend to give them much of a chance as a potential partner, it doesn't come to my mind.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah i guess i would, it is a minor annoyance at worst, social smokers are much easier to tolerate, a fulltime smoker then i dunno i guess if i am willing to date them because of everything else then it doesnt have that much of a bearing. that said, smoking isnt exactly a plus in the dating game, so my perfect girl i would want to be a non smoker but if i met a girl with every other characteristic, although smoking is minus1 to their score, i would still dat em easy choice

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I try to avoid smokers even when walking down the street. So i would NEVER date one.

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
I used to date a guy that smoked occasionally. I wouldnt kiss him after he had a cigarette and he wasn't allowed to smoke in my house or car. It meant that he started to smoke less and then eventually quit.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
meh, why do people even still smoke these days......It was so last century.

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
I don tlike smoking either. I hate it when people smoke for the soul purpose of looking good, and its heaps obviouse that they dont like it. Man how stupid

HSC
OS said:
Would you? Nothing personal against smokers (NO OFFENCE INTENDED), but would you as a non-smoker find their cancer stick addiction an issue? e.g. being a passive smoker so often, kissing and nicotine breath! Just wondering about this?? I don't think I could... Detest the filthy habit.
I went with smokers ... but they didn't smoke cigs ... and their breath smells nothing like that gross nicotine shit ...

shortie_689

HSC
never... asthma... my ex quit cause he knew i would dump him sooner or later if he didnt... but no i dumped him for numerous other reasons... but i learnt its just not nice its like lickin an ash tray...
i was always walkin away from them and refused to be near them when they did... just an effort

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i dont smoke, and smoking is sorta a turn off. so that means no, sorry, no offence to any girl i ever turn down because she smokes :eek:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'd prefer they not smoke, but I don't care enough to not go out with someone if they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)