• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO!!!!! (1 Viewer)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I dont think he should give up his spot, I mean that speed skater didnt give up his medal at the winter olympics after everyone fell down, its their own damn fault for falling in. Thorpe should take responsibility for his screw up and everyone should just leave them to it.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I agree with all this, however the point remains, the 400m isn't his event. The one hes trained all these years, blood sweat tears etc, is the 1500m, which he also qualified for. So he's entitled to concentrate on 'his' event, and not have that jeopardising our chances in the 400m.
Still, I think there should be no pressure on him, and I congratulate him for a fantastic 400m swim and I hope he doesn't regret any decisions made.

DopeyB

HSC
if he gives it up...he'll be labeled a loser, pussy or quitter for the rest of his life.
Don't give into thorpe

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Originally posted by DopeyB
if he gives it up...he'll be labeled a loser, pussy or quitter for the rest of his life.
Don't give into thorpe
no i would more think he will be labeled a hero by the media for being "such a great sportsman". he is giving his spot up for a "certain" gold medal in Athens. australia media will love it and him...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)