north korea launches missile test (1 Viewer)

karnoganguli

HSC
Lets hope this issue doesn't escalate any further- this is a serious issue and it seems as my friend put it 'a disaster brewing'. As for Iraq over NK, beats me.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
They're certainly testing the water.

I went and had a look on Wikipedia earlier today and found this:

Wikipedia said:
The U.S., Japan, and others warned North Korea prior to the incident that such a test would be construed by those nations as a provocative act. North Korea responded to such words by threatening an "annihilating nuclear strike" if the United States attacks or any other nation pre-emptively tried to destroy the missile before or after it launched.
:S:S:S

Good thing we're out of their missle range

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
It's just a missile test. Fair enough what if they needed to defend themselves against Japan one day?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
North Korea military presence is needed to keep Japan in check - as it's the only nation in the region that still has imperialist ambitions. Japan knows that the Chinese leadership sucks up to the west too much to do anything about Japan's re-emergence as a military power.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Japan

cannot

attack

another

country.
Are you saying that the cannot? or that they're not allowed to?

...the latter status can easily change

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
Japan

cannot

attack

another

country.
They're giving Whale-Land a hell of a time. But whale land is a place I just made up now.

It doesn't seem too big of a problem, though. I mean, the missile test failed ffs. You've got a 3rd world country that may or may not have nukes, testing military equipment that doesn't even work properly. And they're right next to China. I mean, you could nuke China and they wouldn't even care, population wise.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
It's in their constitution. They cannot attack another country.
yes. I know that's in their constitution under article 9. however that does not mean it cannot attack, merely that it is not allowed to attack.

melb22

HSC
N/A
one more example of the hypocrisy of the west. WE can have all the weapons we can, WE can kill a million civilian in vietnam & cambodia, use atom bombs, attack other countries because they happen to follow different ideology, but other countries cant. There is no doubt nth korea is communist country but what right has USA and other colonial countries who have attacked so many countries in the last 100 yrs to tell nth korea abt what they can and cant do. It is like taliban advising western countries about discrimination against women. Hypocrites that's all i can say.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
melb22 said:
one more example of the hypocrisy of the west. WE can have all the weapons we can, WE can kill a million civilian in vietnam & cambodia,
I agree too, but I never knew Pol Pot was western. He killed 3 million though, not one.

Optophobia

HSC
melb22 said:
one more example of the hypocrisy of the west. WE can have all the weapons we can, WE can kill a million civilian in vietnam & cambodia, use atom bombs, attack other countries because they happen to follow different ideology, but other countries cant. There is no doubt nth korea is communist country but what right has USA and other colonial countries who have attacked so many countries in the last 100 yrs to tell nth korea abt what they can and cant do. It is like taliban advising western countries about discrimination against women. Hypocrites that's all i can say.
The USA and other western nations are democracies. This means that the power is not vested in one single person. Contrasting this with Iran, or North Korea, you can see why people would be worried. It isn't a case of hypocracy. It's a case of common sense.

Raginsheep

HSC
melb22 said:
We're the hypocrites. That makes all the difference in the real world. Then again, what makes you think North Korea wouldn't do the same thing in our position. The only thing holding them back from flooding the south is the threat of American retaliation.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Optophobia said:
The USA and other western nations are democracies. This means that the power is not vested in one single person. Contrasting this with Iran, or North Korea, you can see why people would be worried. It isn't a case of hypocracy. It's a case of common sense.
More people do not make better decisions. That is not the strength of democracies.

melb22

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
I agree too, but I never knew Pol Pot was western. He killed 3 million though, not one.
well pol pot killed millions, but so did the usa army in vietnam and cambodia during the bombing. Read some book on the vietnam war or search google civilian casualty during vietnam war :). what i am saying here is that what moral right has usa got to tell other countries about what test they can and cant do. Anyways usa can jump up and down for 30-40 more years. Once india and china become global powers, uncle sam will have to start minding their own business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)