North Korea (1 Viewer)

Bremjo96

HSC
The North Korean's are crazy mostly due to their leaders, what they need is not a nuclear war but a civil war to get these fools off the throne.

thatpatrickguy

HSC
The thing is, those in North Korea making these threats do seem to be unstable (whether they actually are or it's an act... who knows?). If they *did* attack the South, whether or not the US and the rest can intercede... it'll be devastating to many lives in the region.

My main fear is that North Korea get angry enough that reason doesn't come into play any more.

Most governments seem to be taking it slightly more seriously but there's an air of "we should probably start ignoring them because we're giving them the attention they want". Everyone knows North Korea wouldn't stand a chance... unless there's some secret partnership in the works with other countries that comes to light in war?

Watched this in SMH this morning, it definitely looked like Obama was mostly just tired of it all:
http://media.smh.com.au/news/world-news/north-korea-must-end-belligerent-approach-4184912.html

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
China don't really give a damn about North Korea because they want that buffer from the United States. In a sense, the country is a pawn in this 'new Cold War'. You can bet your bottom dollar China will intervene and try to defuse the situation quickly on the basis of pre-existing tensions. The reason they haven't been so vocal in the past few weeks is that you'd look absolutely mad trying to defend some the calls made by NK.

In the situation that NK gets destroyed, I'd be very curious whether reunification would even be on the cards. Of course you've got the cost of rebuilding infrastructure for at least half the peninsula along with the massive shock of reintegration. Also, China won't sanction a move unless United States retreats from SK. In the end, this becomes a situation which mirrors the Cold War and relations between the US and China will be further strained.

You can definitely rule out any peace pact with the US. Koreans are really into ethnic nationalism and anything which "betrays the race" will be a national humiliation. Even in SK, there's more anti-Americanism than one might think. It's a sad state of affairs but I don't really see a real change in the situation. The best it COULD get is NK moulding itself based on China's economic and governmental structure. I don't like those odds though.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Those conversation most people have had in their Modern History classes, "why the fuck would you start a war over something that stupid? I swear nationalists are retarded. Now no-one should EVER WANT TO ENGAGE IN A WAR EVER AGAIN," rendered useless. I love how the fate of these nations are being determined by a select few up the top that decide war and/or conflict is a means of resolution. I think we won't be able to deal with the NK situation like we have with any other, it's a very sensitive topic. There's literally like a microcosm, the people in NK literally do not know anything outside their own borders. To destroy the nation would be completely inhumane and against any "omg pro equality" stance the UN/other nation states have taken on (not that much of it has been ratified and/or dealt with) - to invade would be a massive risk - to sit still may end in regret - peace is out of the question. What the fuck do we do? I just hope we don't go down in history books as "the most retarded civilisation in the world that rode out war after war because a bunch of retards that didn't actually care about the people they were in power of." Someone just needs to get out their invisibility cloak, activate skypower, fly in, kidnap all the weirdo NK's, detain them for life and memory zap the NK people.

There aren't many options here and all the better options are going to result in a shitload of anger from some sector of society so some brave person needs to step forward.

From Lolsmith's ref: http://wartard.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/north-korea-v-world.html

" It's not gangnam style.

It's chaos.

And nobody wants to pay that price.

Yet."

Last edited:

Okashi

HSC

why-study

HSC
I just think that North Korea isn't working alone. If they are, than they are really in trouble.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
Every time Kim feels insecure in his own position, he shoots a few missiles or intimidates his "mortal enemies".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)