not completing assignment (1 Viewer)

catsdontgotoschool

HSC
N/A
I've had a look (google search) and there doesn't seem to be anyone's opinions/ personal experiences on not completing an HSC assignment. The assignment in question is English Adv Task 2.
I know the school's ruling about not completing an assignment, but I want to know what the repercussions of not completing this one assignment will have on my year?

ty, catsdontgotoschool

Silly Sausage

HSC
This could lead to an N-award.

Also will effect your internal HSC mark for English.

catsdontgotoschool

HSC
N/A
Could?
And receiving such an award would affect my internal mark?
But still leaving me a do-able and fairly high marking hsc? or will this corrupt it all.

leehuan

HSC
Any form of non attempt or non-genuine attempt for no justifiable reason can be brought up to BOSTES for them to give a verdict on.

Of course, in the event that it was the final exam it would definitely cost you the entire HSC. When it comes to internal assessment, it is also possible for your school to decide what will happen.

If you don't complete an assignment your rank will be punched down. That lowered rank is not going to help moderation favour you in the real HSC.

To what extent will you be messed up depends on the weighting of the assessment task.

I'm actually astounded by the fact you would make such a post. I have heard numerous complaints about assignments being too hard but never anybody refusing to attempt it.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I've had a look (google search) and there doesn't seem to be anyone's opinions/ personal experiences on not completing an HSC assignment. The assignment in question is English Adv Task 2.
I know the school's ruling about not completing an assignment, but I want to know what the repercussions of not completing this one assignment will have on my year?

ty, catsdontgotoschool
Does this assignment count towards your internal marks (it seems like it does)? If so, you should try and do it unless there are circumstances preventing you from doing so, in which case you should probably apply for some sort of alternative assessment.

catsdontgotoschool

HSC
N/A
Ok, thank you for your help :)
Pretty sure this assignment is 15%

Yeah, see I have done quite a bit of searching and there doesn't seem to be much on the net re peoples experiences with not completing parts of the hsc. Maybe I can pave the way, what an achievement!
Would be cool to see if someone comments an experience on this topic. If they've managed to pull it back after what seems to be quite a large loss.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Ok, thank you for your help :)
Pretty sure this assignment is 15%

Yeah, see I have done quite a bit of searching and there doesn't seem to be much on the net re peoples experiences with not completing parts of the hsc. Maybe I can pave the way, what an achievement!
Would be cool to see if someone comments an experience on this topic. If they've managed to pull it back after what seems to be quite a large loss.
If there's no unusual circumstances preventing you from doing this task, why would you not do it? It's like just throwing away free marks. If you don't care about your marks at all though, then you can just skip it.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I went to a rank 600 school, most kids didn't complete assignments or show up for exams the teachers were pretty leaniant and gave them some marks for what they attempted but they probably weren't included in the moderating process

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
If there's no unusual circumstances preventing you from doing this task, why would you not do it? It's like just throwing away free marks. If you don't care about your marks at all though, then you can just skip it.
I'm actually astounded by the fact you would make such a post. I have heard numerous complaints about assignments being too hard but never anybody refusing to attempt it.
C'mon guys, the extenuating circumstances are staring you in the face.

Obviously he's a cat, hence he doesn't go to school :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)