Not doing as well as I hoped? :( (1 Viewer)

nerdwithapurpose

HSC
Well, term 1 is drawing to a close and I am getting back all my assessments and such back. And I've done horribly! Considering we don't do yearlies or half yearlies (dunno how those exams work) these assessments count for 20-30% of my grade. And the depressing thing is, I thought I did okay! I know its silly to worry about something that won't count, but this makes me feel like I won't be able to do well in Year 12.
Does anyone have some advice/consolation for me?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
In the end, year 11 is worth nothing. This is your practice year - learn your mistakes, learn what you do best and then put it into practice in year 12.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Well, term 1 is drawing to a close and I am getting back all my assessments and such back. And I've done horribly! Considering we don't do yearlies or half yearlies (dunno how those exams work) these assessments count for 20-30% of my grade. And the depressing thing is, I thought I did okay! I know its silly to worry about something that won't count, but this makes me feel like I won't be able to do well in Year 12.
Does anyone have some advice/consolation for me?
Dw same with some ppl from my school

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
go over where you lost your marks and make a list of why you didnt get the mark e.g. didn't know the information/ran out of time etc.
Then take steps to fix it e.g. making sure you go over everything in the syllabus and do practice questions. Also remember that marks usually reflect the amount and efficiency of the work you have put in, ''hoping'' isnt really enough.

Good luck :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
go over where you lost your marks and make a list of why you didnt get the mark e.g. didn't know the information/ran out of time etc.
Then take steps to fix it e.g. making sure you go over everything in the syllabus and do practice questions. Also remember that marks usually reflect the amount and efficiency of the work you have put in, ''hoping'' isnt really enough.

Good luck :)
Oh yeah this. Forgot bout it

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Seeing as your HSC is next year, don't worry :) Learn from your mistakes and keep persisting! Always remember that up until you put your pen down for your last HSC examination, there's a chance to improve your marks.

Oh, and make sure to review your learning processes. Figure out what isn't working when it comes to making assessments (and in the future, taking exams) so that you can make the most out of this period of time and improve yourself :)

Hope this helps. I wish you the best with your HSC journey! :D

Last edited:

jenandeeb

HSC
Don't worry, Year 11 means absolutely nothing to Year 12 and doesn't affect your HSC whatsoever. All you gotta do is learn from your mistakes and try working on them and perfecting them for Year 12 :) Good luck with your HSC.

Whicanti

HSC
Like my SOR 2 teacher said, Year 11 is meant for students to make as many mistakes as possible so they can truly become ready and confident in themselves for the HSC in the next year. Its like a testing ground of sorts. All masters were once novices initially. Be not fearful of shortcomings. Embrace them to become a better student. Like a Saiyan :p

Last edited:

Jeff_

HSC
What everyone has said, and don't spend Year 11 with all your fuel, because by Year 12 you don't want to be exhausted or drained out. Learn from your mistakes and test out study skills and exam techniques so you don't have to worry about those when next year (actually Term 4) comes around! All the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)