Not enough ppl for MX2 course in school (1 Viewer)

Varin9

HSC
i got to a schoo l ranked 300, and have been placed first in mx1, i want to do mx2, and the teacher has advised me to do it, but theres only 2 ppl that can, and when talking to the teacher that will be taking the class, has sed he needs abt 3 - 4 to run a class, last year only 1 person did it and he had to do it outside of school. So does any1 have any experiance with that. how do i go about it

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
When that happens at my school, I believe the kids use their frees to get MX2 help and semi self teach and just get help from the teachers.

I dunno, but if you really want to do MX2 investigate what pathways you'll need to do it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I got all three people in my MX1 class to do it - the other two dropped it about five weeks in, at which point we were already half-way through complex numbers so the school decided to keep me in the class.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Get your friend to do it for like a week then let him drop it.

If you gather enough people (Willing to help you ) you have enough for ext 2 then if they all drop it they mmust keep it running.

Gigacube

HSC
Sometimes your school will make you do it through distance education but still provide you with support. Have you talked to anyone else in your class? Sometimes there are people who will do it even though they aren't recommended to.

funnytomato

HSC
i got to a schoo l ranked 300, and have been placed first in mx1, i want to do mx2, and the teacher has advised me to do it, but theres only 2 ppl that can, and when talking to the teacher that will be taking the class, has sed he needs abt 3 - 4 to run a class, last year only 1 person did it and he had to do it outside of school. So does any1 have any experiance with that. how do i go about it
couldn't you just find another person who's interested in doing it?

but i dunno what's gonna happen if the other person chooses to drop to 3u

worst scenario is you have to do it by correspondence, which isn't totally bad, cos you can just ask your teacher if you don't understand some particular questions

also your class will probably be scheduled after/before school, so you'll have more free time that way

Skeptyks

HSC
So this is pretty much the exact same scenario as me. I am planning to go to cross-campus in order to attend the lessons.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Our school ran in with just one person. Ask around the faculty, see if there's a teacher willing to take it on.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Our school ran in with just one person. Ask around the faculty, see if there's a teacher willing to take it on.
It's usually the school that doesn't want to pay for a teacher for the class and shit.
But imho just get everyone in your mx1 class to do it for one week and then they can all drop because they can't stop running it if you've already started the work. If they do, you can report that shit the the Board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)