Not enough time in Maths for Section 1 (1 Viewer)

Iq

HSC
Hey can someone give me some advice on this.

For section 1 of the Mathematics SC paper, we only got 26 mins to complete it (I was timing it on my watch). Is there anything I can do to notify anyone about it cos I told my maths coordinator and they said they'll see about it.

During those 4 mins, I could have answered 2 more questions.

By the way, did any of ur supervisors tell you when there was like 2mins or whatever left. Found it a bit unfair cos when you have a multiple choice at the end that ur pondering over and they tell you to put ur pens down, you have no time to write an answer.

cheers
IQ

Last edited:

iEdd

HSC
I don't think the time arrangement in maths is as balanced as it could be. You end up with 0-5 mins left after section 1, but like 30mins left after the calulator stuff (if I can remember correctly).
If they say 'pens down', you probably have about 5 seconds to sribble in a random letter for the last few and then drop your pen.

specialkay

HSC
N/A
Yeh, same here. Our grade lost at least 4 minutes as well bcos our supervisors interrupted us during the test to check if everyone had their section 2 tucked away under their desk. It was so unfair and my whole maths class which is the highest class complained. We filed out a complaint to the BOS plus they never told us we had any minutes left or whatever lol..

Iq

HSC
ill complain and 'll see what happens.

Hey cfair, It barely possible to read the clocks at the front cos their so small and even the board said a different time to the time that we finished

Iq

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
I hate when they put questions on the VERY back page.
I almost forgot that question. I had like 20 seconds to scribble something. Aww.

hobbsy-gal

HSC
Hey
Our skool had the same problem......no one finished section 1
they need at least 15 more minutes added on to that section of the paper...

PrettyVacant

HSC
Iq said:
ill complain and 'll see what happens.

Hey cfair, It barely possible to read the clocks at the front cos their so small and even the board said a different time to the time that we finished

Iq

Thanks for the advice everyone :)
LOL. Did I mention I rushed through the multiple choice 'cause I glanced at the clock and got the hour and minute hands of the clock mixed up...?
Oh I'm such an idiot!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lol. Most of the people in our grade didnt finish. Our supervisor told us to start, and then she forgot to give us reading time. She started to scream at people who were jsut trying to put their student numbers in :rofl:

Iq

HSC
Yeah i hate that...they should at least say on the previous page that theres another quesion on the other side.

Iq

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
LOL. Did I mention I rushed through the multiple choice 'cause I glanced at the clock and got the hour and minute hands of the clock mixed up...?
Oh I'm such an idiot!
Lucky you didn't get a question in the SC where you had to read the time on a clock or you would have been screwed...lol

Iq

Last edited:

Black Hawker

HSC
I nearly forgot the last question and didn't finish it off. Yeah our supervisors were good. On Thursday the math teachers came to us and asked us what we thought of the test. They even said thats what most people complain about. They might take it to the board.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i didn't finish section 1 either...
and i missed out the last page of the last section.
how tools. i swear it's a conspiracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)