Not even sweating..... i wish (1 Viewer)

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I'm am doing 4unit this year and I cant wait. I've started my journal and I've got a relatively good story planned and I'm really excited about starting butI have one problem: I don't think its as easy as all that.

I've been told that you have to do a whole lot of stuff outside school as well and frankly, I know not what to do. Couldst thou aid mine quest to find extra activities or someting like that. Are there any groups of people out there that get together to talk over their works or have coffee or somthin.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
My good friend, Im sure it *is* as hard "as all that". *My* teacher has indicated too me that we are talking amount the same ammount of effort that goes into 4-unit maths. I donno how much that equal up to... but, I think I need to change my underwear! :eek: :apig:

Ac

alys

it's easy: read and write. that's all you do. keep track in your journal, and set yourself realistic goals that make sure you stick to. as in, have a first draft done by the end of this term, and a second by the end of the next, not huge things, but enough to keep it under control. i think i probably worked harder for 4u maths, but then we were pretty much teaching ourselves the course and doing all the exercises outside of class. 4u english never seemed like a lot of work, though. just don't start panicking now - everything's a lot scarier from that end of year 12, imo (although i'm sure some would disagree).

katles

4 unit is so not all that bad as long as you like doing it. For me it never actually seemed like work cos i am always writing poetry anyway. It is a bit difficult however, to stay focused and creative near the end of the year when the trials start (cos that's around the time ur work is due) so make sure you don't leave it until the last minute.
Make sure you read HEAPS and talk to ppl about your work because they can give you a lot of good ideas that you might not have thought of.
Also, my teacher always told me to carry a little book everywhere i went so i could write ideas down as soon as they came to me.
It's a really good subject and it's so rewarding to write such a huge piece of work. Anyways hope i helped :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)