Notes and Dot points... (1 Viewer)

Shocker_85

Hi ppl
i wanted to ask u how u are covering the syllabus...???
for my science subjects I am making notes from the book and answering dot points separately...and for my humanities subjects I am making notes from the book...
which way do u think is better...
b/c i got notes from this family friend, she only made notes from the book...in another sense she copied the whole text book into the note book...

I have a feeling that i shud only make notes b/c they go thru the dot points any way...

it depends from person to person though...!!!

wats ur opinion...??

jessika

law chicky
HSC
just try to summarise notes by the dot points on the syllabus, I didn't do it, but for my friends who did, it seemed to work for them.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if the exams (school, trials and/or hsc) come purely from the syllabus, make notes based on dot points ... but if the people who are setting the tests/exams are nasty and use things outside the syllabus, make notes from the textbooks ...

*horrid memories of physics catholic trial paper (2002)* ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if you do the catholic trial paper (2001, 2002 ... i am not sure about 2003) for physics, you need to know things outside the syllabus, unless you read alot or are really bright - im referring to people attempting near full marks in an exam ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Writing out answers to dot points is way to time consuming and tedious, and doesn't mean that you will always go well in an exam.

Just do lots of practice q's, u learn more, than writing out dot points.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
Writing out answers to dot points is way to time consuming and tedious, and doesn't mean that you will always go well in an exam.

Just do lots of practice q's, u learn more, than writing out dot points.
either way, make sure you know and can write well on each of the dot points ...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
well i make notes to answer the dot points den i memorise the textbook then i do all the questions:D it works

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
well i make notes to answer the dot points den i memorise the textbook then i do all the questions:D it works
that sounds good ...:)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

that sounds good ...:)
thanx
it works for me
i remember the day b4 my prelim final physics i did the entire excel textbook in 4 hours or so and then i stuffed up 3u maths and failed it :mad:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

thanx
it works for me
i remember the day b4 my prelim final physics i did the entire excel textbook in 4 hours or so and then i stuffed up 3u maths and failed it :mad:
well you win some, you lose some ... thats life ...:)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by elizabethy
hey wat is meant by humanities subjects??
i think subjects like ... eco, history, legal ...

Shocker_85

Originally posted by flyin'

either way, make sure you know and can write well on each of the dot points ...
I cud never rite answers on my own...speciall 4 physics!!!
do u have any suggestions on how to remember Physics dot points:confused:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Shocker_85

I cud never rite answers on my own...speciall 4 physics!!!
do u have any suggestions on how to remember Physics dot points:confused:
remembering a whole physics textbook is extremely difficult ... instead this is how i would go about tackling the dot points - and i reckon that understanding is the key ...

depends on your learning style and what suits you ...

this is how i crammed physics ...
* read through the textbook (i used jacaranda) in conjunction with your physics syllabus (which has less dot points as my year - 2002) ... when reading try to understand the information ... if you cant understand it the first time, re-read it ... and if your still struggling ask a friend or a teacher or post a question on the 'physics' mini-forum ...
* next, make a summary of information answering/addressing the dot point ... either write it out or type it out (and if necessary use diagrams because they can be useful in learning and answering physics) ...
* then, practice questions from textbooks, past exam papers (for the new syllabus - such as specimen paper 2001 and the hsc papers), trial papers ...
* then try writing extended answers ...

and that all i can think of ... well, good luck ...:)

note: this is how i would do it ... it isnt necessarily the method for you ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)