Notes On Finding Nemo Needed (1 Viewer)

Aeolior

HSC
Ooooh really really nice text.. Not too bad..

Ok.. lets see.. Here.. I'll divide up my summary and analysis of the film, it was done for fun anyway..

Aeolior

HSC
XD lol U're really in luck. Cos I analysed this film a while ago..Also, gave these notes to a website.. forgot which one.. but.. anyone can feel free to disperse or copy my notes for any use. Hope it helps everyone doign Finding Nemo. You'll still need to have a look at techniques...

Cheers,

Aeo

Aeolior

HSC
Btw, if you're into relating Finding Nemo with your Set Core text, and stimulis material.

I could have used:

Finding Nemo (Film) --> Wind in the Willows (extract from journeys booklet), and either Crossing the Red Sea/ or leaving Home.

Gluck

Aeo

goki

hi!
im doing finding nemo as well, i dont know what techniques to put down? *shrugs also, how do i relate it to wind in the willows, crossing the red sea and leaving home? those are the texts that i am doing. if someone could help it will appreciated ! . thankks!!

Aeolior

HSC
>.< ok.. i'll help everyone as soon as I finish my english extension essay on Monday, as well as my english advanced assessment on monday :p

Sorry.. but i'll definitely help you guys out soon. The interconnecting between the texts you are do are quite easy though, its more of finding similiar ideas of the definition of the journey, then supplementing them with techniques..

I could specificly help you with relating a particular text you have trouble with to your chosen related text..

Cheers,

Aeo

cyko

HSC
Umm
for linkin finding nemo with wind in the willows
u could consider the similiarities and differences of their characters personalities, etc.

nemo with toad
marlyn with rat
and dory with mole perhaps

talk about anthropormorphism ..
consider the symbols and representation of the towns and villages in comparison with the ocean

with leaving home i'm not sure
i ain't doing that

but with crossing the red sea
its about escape, which u could link with nemo's journey to escape
theres the sea
compare the poem's meaning with the film's meaning of the sea

overall, just look at similiarties and differences
and try to link their themes together .

Aeolior

HSC
hmm, as for - feliks scryznecki, I believe it probably cannot relate to Finding Nemo too well, due to the idea that there isnt any physical movement from one place to another in that poem.

Rather, that poem focuses on the concept of change and assimilation into a society. Finding Nemo supplemented with Crossing the Red Sea and Wind in the willows can be combined to form a very powerful argument. Due to the fact that it challanges the concept of Choice, Why does an individual undertake a journey? Are they forced by friends, or do they embark upon this journey on their own free will. This is only a start up point.. I would probably be able to relate it quite good. The same medium being used with Crossing the Red Sea and Finding Nemo is quite effective, for the sea strongly symbolises the diversity of our choices, and the uncertainty of our future. I've also had a though, Ivory trails is also a good choice with Finding Nemo, and Crossing the Red Sea..

Oh well, I hope I assisted you... cos I still gotta re-edit my essay the 5th time.. >.<

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do really well..

Aeolior

Aeolior

HSC
Basically, if u analyse finding nemo through my summary, like in distinguishing the stages of a physical journey, it will greatly help you with relating to your core text and stimulus text. Leaving home is a stage in our physical journey in which one is forced upon this journey by the department of education, in relation to findng nemo, Marlin is forced to embark on this journey to the outside sea despite the fact that he is afraid of the vastness of the sea.

I'd probably recommend finding nemo as a good physical journeys text, use it for speeches, but perhaps not for essays, because its hard to convey your sophistication of the physical journeys area of study..

tabularasa

HSC
My teacher was saying how findgin nemo isn't really sophisated enough for physical. And the markers sorta go hmm at it .

cyst

HSC
N/A
oi, anyone know the purpose of finding nemo
and what the text conveys about jounry and how?

cyko

HSC
when u say not sophisiticated enough what do u mean?
as long as you can write well, supporting ur answers, and follow the marking criteria isn't that good enough?

i don't think its about sophisitcation ... its more about how well u can actually represent the text and link it to themes, etc.

tabularasa

HSC
i mean that as far the text goes its basic and teachers think that there can be little depth to such a simplistic text. Thus they think that you cannot effectively show sophistication in your answer.

Aeolior

HSC
I agree with tabularasa.

The text, is either way a too "simplistic text." It fails to provide any in-depth message. Furthermore, its lack of connection with the core texts as well as stimulus text makes Finding Nemo simplistic in its issues..

tabularasa

HSC
Yeah plus if your links are sophisicated but are blantantly obvious the marker assumes that you have failed to look indepth in the text

cyko

HSC
tabularasa said:
Yeah plus if your links are sophisicated but are blantantly obvious the marker assumes that you have failed to look indepth in the text
oh is that so
i didn't know that ...
but lets say the text is very effective and showing portraying indepth themes, etc.
what then?

carmelo0o

HSC
To everyone on this thread!! Thanks for the tips, specially to Aelion who provided the notes for Finding Nemo.

I'm doing some last minute revising, and the notes are a big help!!

Thanks guys.

Melo
www.carmeloray.blogspot.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)