Notre Dame (1 Viewer)

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC
I really want to go there!

Im a little nervous I wont make the UAI (80.00) but im hoping.. I just had an interview the other day.. Its such a beautiful place and the people all seem really great =) *fingers crossed*

Anyone else applied? or goes their and has any feedback?
Thanks! xx

skynet89

HSC
had my interview a while ago. it does look good however i didnt meet anyone. what were the people like horrors

scottyscottysco

HSC
yeh i had an interview at ND. they said they'd get back to me in december. need to get a UAI of 80 which im stressin over, dnt kno if ill get it or not but yeh, hope so! i want to do commerce.

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
Could you guys tell me what sorta questions were asked in the interview? I have a friend who is having an interview on wednesday for nursing degree and realllllyyy wants to get in...

Thanks in advance!

roadcone

HSC
i wouldn't be stressing out too much about the uai.

based on some of my friends who attend notre dame, their uai's were obviously not a necessary requisite.

Lai

c a r p e . d i e m
HSC
Ok, I'm a little late but...what the heck!!

I really want to get into Notre Dame Uni., but I most certainly didn't make the min. uai of 70 buuuuuuut I did get the band I needed for my course. So should I get the tissues out and start feeling ultra bummed out or is there still hope?? I know this question has already been answered but I need it straight from the horses mouth!!

(c'mon students OR teachers from Sydney Norte Dame my fingers are crossed in hope for that my uai wont ruin my chances)

Last edited:

SunkistAngel

HSC
i got a letter too for a hecs place for primary teaching! so happy as its what ive always wanted to do :) goodluck everyone else!

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC
I got my letter the day I got my UAI =)

I got a fee-help place for a B of marketing and PR/ B of communications :rofl:

I was almost 10 UAI points off the expected UAI but my marks were band 6's, 5's and high 4's.. either way, who cares.. I'm in!!!

I sent off my acceptance already, and I enrol for units on the 21st/1st :)

smely

HSC
Congratulations guys!

I went to notre dame last year [i transferd at the end of it] and it is a nice uni but it wasnt really for me...

They generally don't look at your uai much, they mostly go off your marks for each of your subjects and they will take u even if you're 10 points under the cut off...

The people are really nice and it is a very close knit uni... the social side of it is growing because at the moment it only has like 1000 students but it will get bigger...

I started off doing a B communications but i hated the film side of it so i swaped to a plain Arts degree... the lecturers are fantastic and they are normally from other uni's also...

Good luck guys!

Evilo

HSC
my mate went there last year and hes had an absolute blast! hes continuing there next year too. Hes doing teaching and they have provided him with ample practical teaching experience (which i think is tops). Hes met heaps of new people and has learnt heaps. He hasnt mentioned anythign negative to me. So it sounds like a good uni. Good luck guys.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
smely said:
Congratulations guys!

I went to notre dame last year [i transferd at the end of it] and it is a nice uni but it wasnt really for me...

They generally don't look at your uai much, they mostly go off your marks for each of your subjects and they will take u even if you're 10 points under the cut off...
They don't actually know your UAI so that makes it a bit difficult to make judgements based on that.

0Jade0

HSC
ari89 said:
They don't actually know your UAI so that makes it a bit difficult to make judgements based on that.
Well for current school leavers they ask for your BOS number to get your HSC results. They also have a list of minimum indicative UAI. Which at the lowest was 70 last year, for nursing.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
0Jade0 said:
Well for current school leavers they ask for your BOS number to get your HSC results. They also have a list of minimum indicative UAI. Which at the lowest was 70 last year, for nursing.
Yeah, but they still don't ever see your UAI unless you apply as a non-recent school leaver and you send in a copy.

swingsarekool

HSC
Yeah, but they still don't ever see your UAI unless you apply as a non-recent school leaver and you send in a copy.
I had talked with the head of Nursing during open day and she said they do know your UAI.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I had talked with the head of Nursing during open day and she said they do know your UAI.
They're not authorised to get your UAI and they have no contact with UAC. They can try and guess it as you authorise them to check your HSC results but that is about it.

Wildberries

HSC
Has anyone got into the law (graduate entry) degree? I'm from uts doing bus-accounting and want to do B Laws there, any advice? p.s. i'm mature age

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)