now we got our offers wats next? (1 Viewer)

Erin1988

HSC
so do we send the forms bak and then they issue us with logon details so we can fill out accomdation applications? :confused: and wat about enrol etc how do we do that?

kitkatkittyau

HSC
I just sent all my forms and that. I've already recieved my log in details but I got them before I accepted. As for the rest of the enrolment ie timetables etc I've got no clue hoping they send something explaining after they recieve our accpetances.

Erin1988

HSC
did u apply for accomdation? if u did do we hav to pay for it all now?

kitkatkittyau

HSC
I didnt apply because I'm thinking of going off campus and finding someone to share with, but I know you cant be considered in the ballot untill you pay the fees.

Guernica

HSC
kitkatkittyau said:
I just sent all my forms and that. I've already recieved my log in details but I got them before I accepted. As for the rest of the enrolment ie timetables etc I've got no clue hoping they send something explaining after they recieve our accpetances.
I got early entry for CSU so I've been involved in it for a while. I've gotten a few letters from them but they've all been pretty pointless. From what I can figure, everything is done online at my.csu - your timetable is up there 28 days before the session starts (which means about the 30th of January I think).
The forums on there are really good so if you have specific questions, ask there. Everyone's more than happy to help, I've found.

kitkatkittyau

HSC
I've tried getting on to the forums from my csu but it wont let me saying I'm not a member. It lets me in mycsu just not the forums. Any ideas?

aurora_05

HSC
Send in your acceptance and whatever other forms you have. Your logon details are sent to you and then you can apply for accommodation. Once the final ballot for accomodation has been done you can check if you were accepted into accomodation, at which point there will be a room fee listing and a date that you have to pay by and all that. The fees you have to pay to be considered in the ballot are things like your IT levy (I think) and the fees for O-Week. If you're going self catered accomodation, just remember that in O-Week you only need food for lunches as you get dining hall food for brekkie and dinner (covered by the fees you pay now).
As for enrolment...appart from kiddies doing a B.Arts I'm pretty sure you are automatically enrolled for at least your first semester of subjects, but if not, it gets fixed up during O-Week. The last day to change your enrolment without incurring any hecs isn't till the end of March so you have plenty of time to muck around with that.
As for your timetable, details from the uni will tell you that your timetable will be up approx. a month before classes. In reality, it'll probably turn up about a week or two before. It's your responsibility to check that though so keep an eye on it. If it's not up before you go for O-Week then they'll announce during the week when timetables have gone up.
With my.csu - just make sure that when you sign in, on the page it takes you to there is 2 tabs at the top of the page. One is 'My Channel' and one is 'Student Services'. Make sure you're on the 'my channel' one. I can't access the forums from student services either but if it's on my channel then it always lets me through...Otherwise just wait till you get to uni and talk to someone from IT. You won't be missing much on the forums as people are generally fairly quiet in the holidays...
Woah! Long post :)

Last edited:

gebey

HSC
i got an offer from csu (wagga wagga )too. btw is it better to live off campus or on campus? im planning to find a room or studio for rent....since on campus accomodation is hard to get in and quite $$$.... where r u ppl going to live?

Erin1988

HSC
im tryin to stay on campus at bathurst simply cuz when i added up all the cost of living off campus it was cheaper to try and stay on campus if that makes sense lol

i am also havin trouble gettin on forums at my.csu

kitkatkittyau

HSC
I also had trouble getting on the forums. I just waited and kept trying and finally it worked.

You worked it out to be cheaper on campus? I worked it out to be the other way. How did you work it out?

Erin1988

HSC
its only lyk $4500 for on campus and that includes electricty water etc the cheapest off site rent in bathurst i found worked out to be $5500 without all those costs but that was b4 i looked on the forums. how did u work it our that it was more expensive on campus?

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Well I said $5000 (so that would be the first reason why I worked it out to be more expensive) for 40 weeks on campus which worked out to be $125 a week, then plus food however much. And the place I've got is costing me $75 a week for a year so its like $3750 then plus food and electricity water is included. Plus this way if I get a job which I plan to I've always got somewhere to live if during the three month holidays to work.

Hmmm I guess its much of a muchness. It will probably work out to be around the same. Each has its disadvantage and advantages.

just_me

just_me
HSC
hi everyone and congrats on getting into csu.

Just in regards to accomoadation. You may as well apply for on campus accomodation purley because you dont have to accept it. So then your are left with an option. From my personal experience the few weeks before uni can get very hectic and kind of scary because moving out of home isnt exactly the easiest thing to do. If you do get a position on campus then you have a choice. If you dont get an offer then you are no worse off but at least you tried and you cant say to yourself 'dam i wish i had given it a shot'. It doesnt cost anything to apply and if you decide you dont want the spot you just dont pay the fees.

My advice would also be if you are the kind of person who struggles when meeting new people give on campus a shot. I say this because if you are put into an evironment where there is anything between 10 and 30 people in your dorm who are in the same position you are more likely to make friends and connections alot earlier and have access to support networks which may not be as easily accessed while downtown.

Anyway despite this you have to do what you think is best for you. First year at uni is a taxing time anyway and you dont want to make it more stressful by having to live somewhere you dont feel comfortable.

If anyone has any questions email me cowpat18@hotmail.com or you can add me to msn. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)