• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Hunt does not deserve a spot.. he totally abandoned and betrayed NZ

and besides.. only reason he was chosen is cos Ricky Stuart was peer-pressured by Wayne Bennet

P.S hope the sharks smack the dragons this week

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
I dotn really like Toyota Park anyway, I'll wait for the Oki Jubilee derby. Unless its at WIN this year.
It is at WIN Stadium.

The fifth game at Kogarah will be vs Bulldogs, which is a local derby in itself anyway.

IMO, the reason Hunt is the new fullback is because Australia seems to know that they are going to get pummelled, so they are just giving him experience.

Matt Bowen is a better defensive fullback than Hunt, and a FAR better offensive one.

Bookie, you more than underestimate Ben Hornby. Hope he cuts you guys to shreds on the weekend, like he did the last time we ventured to that ground.

Looks like I'll be going too .. gotta talk to dad when he gets home tonight to find out if he wants to come as well, because if he does I get free transport :)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
hope Australia get totally smashed... then hopefully selectors will wake up and pick a half decent team

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Thought he was pretty sure himself that he would never play for them.

After he snubbed them, I reckon that even if he made himself available again, New Zealand would be too proud to ever select him.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
DERBY WEEK!

CANT FUCKEN WAIT! Even though I'm not going

Sharks
David Simmons
Darren Albert,
Nigel Vagana,
Phil Bailey,
Luke Covell,
Brett Kearney,
Adam Dykes,
James Stosic,
Kevin Kingston,
Luke Douglas,
Reece Williams,
Lance Thompson,
Paul Gallen.

Subs: Hutch Maiava, Beau Scott, Greg Bird, Tevita Latu, Ben Pomeroy (one to be omitted).

St.George-Illawarra Dragons
Clint Greenshields,
Colin Best,
Mark Gasnier,
Matt Cooper,
Reece Simmonds,
Trent Barrett (captain),
Ben Hornby,
Justin Poore,
Aaron Gorrell,
Ashton Sims,
Ben Creagh,
Dean Young,
Shaun Timmins.

Subs: Michael Henderson, Matt Bickerstaff, Charlie Leaeno, George Ndaira Brett Morris (one to be omitted).

This has got to be one of the most even derbys on paper. The return of the derby to Shark Park. Even teams, test centres out, and injured people everywhere. It's gonna be good.

- Question marks as to whether Gaz and Coops will back up

- Question marks over Hutch Maiavas fitness whereupon should he fail it, none other than former test prop and new Sharks buy (after Ben Ross incident), Richard Villasanti.

Gonna be a cracker.

UP UP CRONULLA!

Random_87

HSC
N/A
How did the sharkies get Villisanti? No one had him? Or did they some how buy him off some one else?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Warriors released him... he wasnt happy playing PL.....Sharks were quick to get him to sign a contract to pretty much replace ben ross..
Villasanti wanted to move his family back to syndey..

now everyones happy :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
DERBY WEEK!

CANT FUCKEN WAIT! Even though I'm not going

This has got to be one of the most even derbys on paper. The return of the derby to Shark Park. Even teams, test centres out, and injured people everywhere. It's gonna be good.

- Question marks as to whether Gaz and Coops will back up

- Question marks over Hutch Maiavas fitness whereupon should he fail it, none other than former test prop and new Sharks buy (after Ben Ross incident), Richard Villasanti.

Gonna be a cracker.

UP UP CRONULLA!
Definitely one of the most even contests in the last few years. With so many key players out (Head, Ryles, Bailey, Naiqama, Payne), and the possibility of Gasnier and Cooper also not playing, we are vastly understrength.

You guys are missing Ross and Kimmorley .. but no Kimmorley is a benefit for your team right now, as Dykes has been given a free role and is playing superbly.

I'm going to the game! I wish that the return derby was at Kogarah, though, the atmosphere there generally shits on the one at Shark Park. No disrespect, but there are way too many young teenagers there who don't care about the actual match.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Oh, and some early player transfer talk:

Trent Barrett has told close friends that he will be going to England ..

Scott Prince looks to be leaving the Tigers .. Broncos and Titans are also chasing Prince's services. Prince's wife is missing life in Queensland and really wants to go back to see her family etc.

Oh, and Dean Young is a done deal at the Dragons. Supposedly a three year contract about to be signed by him.
Matt Cooper will be re-signing with St George Illawarra Dragons for another three years.
That was between two and three months ago, right?

Prince signed with the Titans. Young signed with the Dragons for three seasons. Cooper signed with the Dragons for two seasons.

And tomorrow (which is technically later today), Trent Barrett should be holding a press conference to announce a three year deal with Wigan. My information is ahead of the media themselves!

Also, Shaun Timmins is almost certainly going to sign with English side Hull for 2007.
This one is a while off, but it is still almost certainly happening.

Doesn't anyone else here ever give player transfer news?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
oh by the way, i only talk of transfers when they are confirmed ala Villansanti. Ij dont like getting ahead of myself.

also, i like stats.

ben ross had a 99% effectivness in tackling. :)( shame hes out) this is from a guy who plays 60 minutes a week and makes about 25 tackles a game. he was well worth his 450k had he finished the season.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Hodgson returns early from injury and WILL play against MANLY WOOHOO

but.. im off to the sharks v dragons with friends..
this week i'll be supporting the sharks lol

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Sweet, Baz signed for three years with Wigan AND thus forfeited the chance to play for NSW.

Which means he can't get injured in State of Origin :-D

I hope that if Gasnier decides to leave (I still personally think he is going to stick around at the Dragons), he forfeits NSW and Australian representation as well.

Kim, that's not the reason. It's because you don't HAVE any news. How come no Roosters supporters said Soward was going to re-sign?

I even have more news on the Roosters than their own supporters, dayem. Finch is leaving 100% at the end of the year, even though he wants to stay. Tigers the favourites for his signature.

Bookie, Wes Naiqama is going to be the best winger in the NRL. You will see. He is incredibly important to our side when you consider that his replacement is Reece Simmonds.

Hopefully Slippery's son gets the gig, though. Named as 18th man, it would be AWESOME to see Morris run out on Sunday.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Bookie, Wes Naiqama is going to be the best winger in the NRL. You will see. He is incredibly important to our side when you consider that his replacement is Reece Simmonds.
ur joking.. he is amongst the worst winger in the nrl atm... he has not much potential, no pace, if he was Australian he would never play S.O.R or for Australia... Reece Simmonds is arguably a better player...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
People said the same about Luke Covell and Tony Martin of the warriors. I think Wes has a good future, still young with decent pace and strength.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
copious said:
People said the same about Luke Covell and Tony Martin of the warriors. I think Wes has a good future, still young with decent pace and strength.
um.. just because Luke Covell and Tony Marten have represented NZ, doesnt mean they are good players... they just had noone else to fill the position

Luke Covell is the slowest player in NRL.. just about... a winger without speed = PRETTY MUCH A WASTE

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Luke Covell has never represented New Zealand! Despite his good form and supposed Kiwi heritage, there is no space for him anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)