NRL : The Official NRL Thread 2006 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Yeah...the Dragons are playing pretty poorly at the moment, but I have to agree somewhat with sideshowtim. The Dragons will make the finals and have the depth of talent to beat any side on their day. It is better for them that they are having this slump now rather than in a few weeks' time.

sideshowtim

HSC
matt#1 said:
Yeah...the Dragons are playing pretty poorly at the moment, but I have to agree somewhat with sideshowtim. The Dragons will make the finals and have the depth of talent to beat any side on their day. It is better for them that they are having this slump now rather than in a few weeks' time.
Exactly, and this is why I have minor concerns for the Bulldogs and the Storm who are at the top of their form now, rather than a little closer to finals time. The Storms run will end eventually, and it it doesn't it will be quite incredible. The Dragons have had 2 difficult games in a row though, you need to cut them some slack. They gave the Storm, the best side in the comp, a good run for their money, and the side who is playing the next best, the Eels just handled the conditions much better.

Jason Taylor needs to be applauded for his work with the Eels this year, he completely turned them around. Won't be surprised if he gets the top job at another club.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
hes going to the rabbitohs next year, if he can do that with the eels in half a year, imagine what he can do in a full year, i expect the rabbitohs to go much better than they are going now next year.

sideshowtim

HSC
The bunnies have bought well this year, although the difference between Parra and the Rabbits is that the Eels actually had quality players with experience at the club when Taylor came, although Souths don't have the same sort of luxury.

ledzeppelin

HSC
i purchased a newtown jets jersey today at the game
it's awesome
the jets roll on with another victory
they're undefeated at henson, and with soward in the team

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Bulldogs 54- 14 Cowboys !!!

What did I tell you guys? 2006 is the year of the Dog.

Melbourne also had a big win though (46- 4 v Wests Tigers), so I shouldn't get too ahead of myself:). These 2 teams along with Parra are certainly hitting their straps at the right end of the season.

sideshowtim

HSC
Great wins for the Dogs and the Storm, both showing why they are real contenders. Can't see anyone but them being in the grand final at the moment. And the bloody Sharks, how crap are they? They cost me a perfect round so far in tipping. :(

pinkicecubes

HSC
Manly Sea Eagles supporter alll the way :) 4th on the ladder! I'm hoping after they come off the bye and thrash the Knights and Bunnies, they could go up to 3rd

sideshowtim

HSC
james_chappo said:
I seriously believe that the Newtown Jets and the Sydney Roosters should swap around. When I went to the Bulldogs Roosters game (25-0 to the dogs) a couple of weeks ago I managed to catch the end of the premier league match. The bulldogs premier league team were absolutely smashed (mostly because they suck ass) but I seriously believe that the Jets would have put up a better performance than the Roosters. I believe the Roosters need to focus on developing players from their junior sides and giving the Flegg and Premier league players a chance instead of purchasing players from other clubs.
Yeah, we seriously need to start looking into the future, which I think is what Ricky is going to try and do at the end of this year, because Newtown is an excellent feeder club for us. We need to beef up our foward pack, and Miles next year will help us improve. We played well last week against the Cowboys but we need some new kids to start coming up, and I hope we can keep Soward because he is an excellent talent.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
in the Sun Herald Dragon's fans are getting angry, namely trying to blame coach Nathan Brown for his coaching style.

sideshowtim

HSC
Drop him to Premier League. Tim Smith is better than him anyway. We need to start using Soward and Lewis in the halves as practice for next year, we need some good new talent coming up.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
go the warriors! we win every 2nd game, but atleast we are ahead of the roosters.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
james_chappo said:
Remind me to never take into account any predictions you make in future.
Thats fine, im not fucking Nostradamus. Who could predict what would happen this season before it started?

Eels in 7th now, we just have to not stuff up as usual, and hopefully we an stay in the 8. Its a long way from when we were near last.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
The way both teams played on the weekend, I would love to see a Bulldogs v Storm Grand Final. Both had massive wins, and both say they can make improvements to their games before the finals come around. These two teams have basically detatched themselves from the rest of the competition, in another league all together, pun intended. This shows on the table, not just in the points, but also their for and againsts.

I just hope that these two teams dont face off before the grand final. That would be a heartbreaker.

sideshowtim

HSC
Both of them have to get past their first match, and make it automatically to the prelims, otherwise they will have to face each other in the premlinary final. I think that would be pretty good for the game, actually.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Judging by the recent scintilating performances by Melbourne and the Bulldogs...a finals match between the two sides would be a thriller. Especially if the last match between these two sides is anything to go by. The Bulldogs lost that match down at Melbourne right on full-time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)