NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Bookie said:
What are the chances that a ranom will actually pick up the Churchill medal. I see you fancy O'Donnell, Davo. But guys like him, or Rockin Rod. Its really unlikely. The fags that pick it are always media fags and its always the 1,6,7,9 who wins it.
No that's definitely true. A great example of this would be when ya look at the Newcastle/Parra G/F a few years back. For me in this grand final Ben Kennedy (or even Bill Peden) was the MVP - but it went to Johns. In saying that - it is also true what ledzeppelin says - the halves/ball players generally have a pretty big influence on the game so a lot of the time it is one of these players that wins.

Suney_J said:
Did u end up puttin money on the Cowboys on Sunday?
hah nah... wish I did though (obviously).

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
GO THE MIGHTY TIGERS!!!

im no good at picking this sort of stuff, but i say...

TIGERS 25 (prince to score drop goal) COWBOYS 22

FIRST TRY SCORER: Fitzhenry

CLIVE CHURCHILL: Prince

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
davo said:
hah nah... wish I did though (obviously).
I wonder if you listened to MMM this morning. Fatty mentioned a guy who at the start of the year put $1000 on a Tigers/Swans premiership combo at a price of $1000. A million dollar return.....mmmmmhmmmm.

Anyway, hilarious news concerning the tri series.

CRONULLA SHARKS MAY HAVE FIVE PLAYERS IN THE TRI-NATIONS!

How good would it be?

Farkin Aussie selectors have already jipped us, but alas, the great Aoeteoroeans have saved us.

in squad already;
Vagana [auto selection]
Maiava [good high impact season]
Leuleuai [same as ^^^ but also a funny guy]

possible addtions;
Covell [keep dreaming, but hey, they picked him for Country didnt they?]
REECE WILLIAMS [the 20 year old junior kangaroo of last years is poised to play for Kiwiland!, and is an outside chance of making the 24 man squad due to the high levels of injuries in the nZ squad.]

Williams is a legend and I'm so fucking glad that the Sharks resigned him and not Keith Girlways.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Covell? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Gawd..... Bookie you are a funny guy. That being said, Covell for 2006 Dally M ;)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Talking about Sharks players getting medals - Jason Stevens won the Ken Stephens medal for off-field work. Well done. Jase is a ledg. No one more deserving of it. David Peachey won it in 2003. Now theyre both off. We're just uncaring uncharitable pieces of fuck now.

from the Age (AAP);

Cronulla forward Jason Stevens has been rewarded for his work off the rugby league field, winning the Ken Stephen Medal at the NRL grand final breakfast.

The retiring ex-Test frontrower has personally raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charities, with his testimonial dinner alone securing more than $100,000 for Youth Mission Team, which supports the character development of Australian teenagers.

Stevens has also worked extensively with the Sharks club chaplain raising awareness about youth suicide.

The Ken Stephen Medal is awarded to a player who is not only widely recognised for his dedication on the NRL field, but also for his contribution to the community.

Rod Jensen (North Queensland), Michael Monaghan (Manly), Mark O'Meley (Bulldogs), Mark O'Neill (Wests Tigers) and 2004 winner Dean Widders (Parramatta Eels) were also nominated for the award.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said: "Jason's outgoing and friendly nature allows him to relate to people from all walks of life, kids in particular, and his ability as a footballer gives him the profile to deliver some important messages to youth

Past winners of the award include Dean Widders, David Peachey, Hazem El Masri, Wayne Pearce, Paul Harragon and Mark Coyne

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Talking about Sharks players getting medals - Jason Stevens won the Ken Stephens medal for off-field work. Well done. Jase is a ledg. No one more deserving of it. David Peachey won it in 2003. Now theyre both off. We're just uncaring uncharitable pieces of fuck now.
Hahaha. Well, maybe someone will step up in there abscence? Someone like Luke Covell. The man for others. ;) Truly a players player.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
You know. I'll be surprised if Luke Covell doesnt do everything possible in his RL career. I mean, he played Flegg, PLand first grade. He's played Country, he'll play NSW,anmd he'll play for either Australia or New Zealand. He's played every single position bar hooker in his JF/PL/FG career. He's a goalkicking dynamo and hes not oo short on tries. And he'll be the one to bring us the trophy.

UP LUKE COVELL!!!!!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
^^^ Bright Eyes and SOAD are awesome !!

And yeh, Up the Tigers. Anyone going to the Grand Final? My Neighbours are going and hes an Eels Supporter...no guesses as to what will be on the banner he will be bringing along..

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J, wherever you may be:

What's the deal with Tony Grimaldi? I hear the Doggies aren't too keen to sign him ...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Suney_J, wherever you may be:

What's the deal with Tony Grimaldi? I hear the Doggies aren't too keen to sign him ...
Yeah, ive heard negotiations have stalled. He originally wanted a 1 year deal to finish his career but now it looks like he may be going back to England.
Glass-Knee Bill Williams will take his spot at lock, which makes sense seing as though he'll be on $400 000 next year

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
kimi said:
Yeh so does my friend- works at Telstra Stadium and gets paid like 20bucks and hour. Plus free Footy. Bastard !

oh and Hiiii Joe.
I had a mate who was working at last yrs GF, but you have to remember that they get paid to work there not to watch it. But still I wouldnr mind that job

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'd hate to work at the Grand Final. Any other game would be alright. Then again, I suppose they have those little TVS. Talking of which, I reckon I'm gonna try get a job at the Scug seeling those booklets in front of the ground.

HSC
kimi said:
Yeh so does my friend- works at Telstra Stadium and gets paid like 20bucks and hour. Plus free Footy. Bastard !

oh and Hiiii Joe.

hiiii kimi!! :D any money you'll end up watching the GF...even though you say you're not!

as for working at the GF, i don't know if it'll be a good or bad thing...

Suney_J said:
I had a mate who was working at last yrs GF, but you have to remember that they get paid to work there not to watch it. But still I wouldnr mind that job

yeah that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)