NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Go the Kiwis!!!
They should get a sell out next friday now in Auckland.
It was awesome out at Telstra.
On the game itself:
Lockyer's shit; he's neither a captain nor a 5/8th.
Egg is all over the face of the Tate baggers.
I don't know why Bennett put Waterhouse at centre rather than the much more mobile O'Donnell.
Fitzy, as much as I love him, as well as Buderus and Ryan should piss off.
Gower had a really big influence coming off the bench.
Hohaia was awesome until he hurt his leg.
Webb was the Man of the Match for me, he played awesomely.
Wiki, Jones, Toopi and Kidwell were all awesome as well.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
barrett deserved the spot more than lockyer. but how many times did we drop the ball. kennedy. king. ryles. ... simple stuff. simple stuff.
I've heard that Barrett was the best player in a well-beaten Kangaroos Invitational side ... I said before that it should be 6. Barrett 7. Johns ... Lockyer to fullback.

With Tahu's injury, the backline I'd be picking for the next match is:
1. Lockyer
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Tate
5. Minichiello
6. Barrett
7. Johns
But, Wayne Bennett - who is the most over-rated coach in the NRL (give any coach the whole of Queensland and they'll win you more Premierships than Bennett has) - is a d*ckhead, and he'll never put Lockyer back to fullback. Last night was the perfect opportunity for that, and he still didn't do it.

Barrett still deserves a spot, though. Last night he made two line-breaks, set up a try, and even had to play as a forward sometimes because Mason and O'Meley were doing absolutely nothing. Perhaps even put him in lock ahead of Kennedy, who was crap last night.

All that said, likely squad will be the same, with the small adjustment that Tate shifts to the left wing and Cooper comes into left centre. He is really needed now, because he's the best defensive centre in the game, and we were cut up down our left side easily.

ledzeppelin

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
I've heard that Barrett was the best player in a well-beaten Kangaroos Invitational side ... I said before that it should be 6. Barrett 7. Johns ... Lockyer to fullback.

With Tahu's injury, the backline I'd be picking for the next match is:
But, Wayne Bennett - who is the most over-rated coach in the NRL (give any coach the whole of Queensland and they'll win you more Premierships than Bennett has) - is a d*ckhead, and he'll never put Lockyer back to fullback. Last night was the perfect opportunity for that, and he still didn't do it.
you wouldn't play lockyer over minichiello in any case

Random_87

HSC
N/A

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hey Random - UP THE COVELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 16 POINTS ON DEBUT!

I'm amazed Nige got off, it was worth a weekat least [contrary to ABC radio commentators who all agreed on half a season].

But Covellius. Gee, what a champion. Rises from the break up with Amanda Flynn and playing backrower for the loser Tigers PL side to regain confidence and skill at the Cronulla side. After making the NSW Residents side in 2004, He moved one step further my making it to Country NSW this year. One more step and he's in international colours.

Remember, god amongst men is actually Nutley, but since I'm Hindu, I can have as many as I want - COVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Lockyers undoubtedly the best. There are better jumpers and better runner backerers than him, but hes the complete package. Stupid move putting him at 5-8th. Bonks should swap Locky and Khunt around.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Oh, it seems Australia just cant win without Kimmorley.....tsk tsk
Damn Straight. Kimmorley is Jesus amongst men...he's allowed to make mistakes eg. Origin 1 2005.

But he is the real Half back when it comes to international duties. And sometimes he's the real half back fpor Cronulla too.

And yeah, Bookie Covell Really is amazing! 16pts? is that humanly possible? amazing player oozing with god given talent, which i can only presume he gave to himself.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Oh! and Nigel Vagana: MATCH WINNING BEARD! one day i'll have a beard like Nigel *sigh* Kiwi's couldnt of done it without the beard.

Rumour is that they all touched his beard before the game started; for good luck :) Gotta get me some of that! and then it does more good with getting him out of trouble with the judiciary!

...If only it could have seen Cronulla beat the Dragons 5 weeks ago... I guess its only been a match winning beard the last 4 weeks....Well, I hope its there next year!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
you wouldn't play lockyer over minichiello in any case
Actually you would, and that was last nights case.

Waterhouse in the centres was a bad move

1. Lockyer
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Tate
5. Minichiello
6. Gower
7. Johns

was the way to go after Tahu went off

Lockyer made his mark at No. 1 and I still regard as one of the best fullbacks Ive seen

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
On a side note, I hope Lesley Vanikolo comes back to the NRL. He's scored 80 tries in 61 appearances since 2003, and scored 6 in one match last month.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
I had a beard of Vaganistic proportions two weeks ago. Now its trimmed to normal terroririst style.
You need to grow that beard back if you wanna win matches for the Sydney side you said you wanted to play for.

The beard will do wonders for your team mates and your own confidence and it is assured to add 30 points to your teams total at the end of the game. I think we can safely say that without the beard, the kiwis would of lost last night 28-8...or possibly more. Don't under estimate the beard.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Suney_J said:
Actually you would, and that was last nights case.

Waterhouse in the centres was a bad move

1. Lockyer
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Tate
5. Minichiello
6. Gower
7. Johns

was the way to go after Tahu went off

Lockyer made his mark at No. 1 and I still regard as one of the best fullbacks Ive seen
Exactly. That's the starting backline I would play in the next match, with the exception of Barrett in five-eighth and Gower on the bench again.

By the way, to all the Year 12 guys and girls that ever come on this thread, best of luck for tomorrow! I hope you all go really well!

Glenn198718

yes i am in year 12 and thanks DRAGONZ. would like too see scotty prince or hodgson get a run in the Australia team. Mix things up a bit and see how they go i say. Thats just my opinion

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I didnt really have a beard that big, but I tried to tie it up like Vagana did. Not up to his standards. I think we all know what God of nations... means now. THE BEARD.

And look at these Aussie fans trying to pull excuses out of their arses when they can't blame Kimmorley.

Glenn198718

didnt watch the game but cant say much about it but would like to see other people get a run then the usuals some tigers players should get a run like prince and hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)