NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonazi

yeh im jsut sayin that he wasnt offered anythin. if we did offer him anythin, it probably would have been less than that amount. i see us goin bankrupt in a couple of yrs, cos we have to spend so much on joey.

nerd2die4

HSC
you see newcastle going bankrupt, because of one player?!?

umm you heard of the salary cap? that means every team has the same amount of money to spend on players.

newcastle will not be going broke because of joey, that is like impossible. if newcastle go bankrupt, it would be because of something like the leagues club going broke.

neonazi

well we might not go bankrupt, but we wont be able to sign any good players cos we spend so much on joey, and when he leaves, weve got buderus who will have to get mroe money too.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
remember that some of your high class players are leaving

nerd2die4

HSC
you know there are ways to work around the cap, to somehow accomodate all of your players. incentives are meant to be in the cap, but not all get counted johns probably has a billion sponsors in newcastle, which will pay for most of his salary. and dont you think if you can go alright with internationals in your team before, the cap really wouldnt affect you much now, since some internationals are leaving.

neonazi

its just dissapointed me this season, cos we were able to sign johns and only one other player in reynoldson, but we lost kennedy, tahu, parsons, odavis, ennis. i just dont see how we can lose these players, and yet the roosters can have a team where two origin reps play on the bench (qld reps - not goulds favourites).

nerd2die4

HSC
dont you know neo, gus gould is the king of rugby league. he keeps what he likes and changes what he doesn't. did you hear about gould asking the NRL to give roosters players a salary cap incentive type thing because it costs more to live in the eastern suburbs. that was the funniest article i have ever read. do they have to live in the eastern suburbs? the answer is they dont, but that is one example of gould using his power to try and get what he wants, but this time he fell flat on his face.

though he did succeed in a rule change. it was back in 2002 when chris anderson got his job at the sharks, and we all know that anderson coaches the flat attack, which requires forwrds to surrender in a tackle. then the master mind gus gould ( who hates chris anderson because of his success) decided to bring in a new rule which rewards the defending team for a 'good tackle', it goes by the dominant tackle rule. this could be the worst rule the NRL has, right after the 'refs call rule' but thats another post. so he changed the rule, and ruined andersons style. But hey thats just gould and his 'im the most powerful man in league' kinda way.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the point is to be flexible, anderson wasnt... it's a bit dumb doing the same shit over and over again when its clearly not working anymore. and its not as if the rules never changes...

as for the cap well fittler leaving leaves a space big enuf to cover for the new half as well as contract upgrades .... while hegarty hodges can swap with monaghan roberts...though i gotta agree with you that the high price living thing is a bit of a joke

neonazi

oh thats why u dont like gould so much nerd. cos he changed the way the sharks played with these new rules. well the sharks style of play wasnt that terrific anyways.
yeh i did hear that thing about livin in eastern suburbs on the sunday footy show. almost fell out of my chair laughin so hard. it shouldnt be a problem for them though, their all rich bastards anyway.

nerd2die4

HSC
no, thats not why i hate gould. I hated him waaaay before that. he hates the sharks, and we hate him. but guess where he lives...the shire. he hates us so much he wants to live near us. its gould logic.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
yeh, as i said, what a fucking joke. He was the best player in an underperforming team but he was NOT the best player in the NRL all year.

nerd2die4

HSC
why not? i think buderus is worthy of this award.

who do you reckon should of received the award then, loz?

T

timbk2

Hindmarsh wouldnt be far from it.. but i think Steve Price deserves it.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
It's good hindmarsh was up there. He's been a top player in an underperforming team.

And about gould...
anyone notice that gus is always ranting about his bumchumps Roosters. Shit man, he never shuts up about them. Roosters this, roosters that. It's pathetic.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Well i'm off to penrith tonight to cheer for nobody in particular. I don't know who should win.

rumour

HSC
Loz#1 said:
Well i'm off to penrith tonight to cheer for nobody in particular. I don't know who should win.
St George!!

I don't think they will though :(

They always only make it this far!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't think they will either. I've said it the entire year, inconsistencies and injuries always plague the dragons, it's their monkey.

I don't want Panthers to win either. I say a hole should swallow both teams up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)