NSW students' strike (1 Viewer)

NSW STUDENTS TO STRIKE TOMMOROW!

In response to the industrial action proposed by the NSW teachers federation the NSW federation of students has called for a strike for tomorrow (Tuesday) The head of the students federation claims that students are entitled to the right to strike under the equal conditions and opportunities act (1994) The students federation is calling for students to not attend school on Tuesday and claims that the effectiveness of the strike will be dependent on whether the vast majority of students follow the lead and do not attend school for this day
Many ask the question, on what grounds are the students striking? The answer is provided to us by Mark Allenway a senior member of the students federation who claims the students are striking in order to obtain more respect and recognition by their teachers among other reasons.

The success of the students strike will be reported on Thursday ( the day of the teachers strike)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jessica_layden

Many ask the question, on what grounds are the students striking? The answer is provided to us by Mark Allenway a senior member of the students federation who claims the students are striking in order to obtain more respect and recognition by their teachers among other reasons.
*cough bullcrap cough*

Someguy123

Originally posted by jessica_layden
NSW STUDENTS TO STRIKE TOMMOROW!

In response to the industrial action proposed by the NSW teachers federation the NSW federation of students has called for a strike for tomorrow (Tuesday) The head of the students federation claims that students are entitled to the right to strike under the equal conditions and opportunities act (1994) The students federation is calling for students to not attend school on Tuesday and claims that the effectiveness of the strike will be dependent on whether the vast majority of students follow the lead and do not attend school for this day

The success of the students strike will be reported on Thursday ( the day of the teachers strike)

i heard something about that today actually. some girls were saying ra ra ra if the teachers get to strike so do we and they were saying something about people organising a thing ... dont know how many people will actually go through with it though

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
hmm interesting...

how many people are actually going 2 go though with it?

this is the first i heard about it but then again year 12 were only at school for 4 hours today

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
OMG TEH TEaCHerS GeT Tooo StRike SO LeSH JiGsH SsChool keke^^

idiots.

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
OMG TEH TEaCHerS GeT Tooo StRike SO LeSH JiGsH SsChool keke^^

idiots.
Lol Thats what i thought...
thats why i wonder how many people go though with it... lol

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
im not going to strike ( ordinarly it is something i would do, but i have an assesment so somehow i dont think it would be a good idea!) my sister is in year 9 and her and all her friends are striking ( they have all organised to come over to our place tommrow for pizza and videos) so yeah i think a fair few studenrts from our skool will, plus some others

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *girl04*
im not going to strike ( ordinarly it is something i would do, but i have an assesment so somehow i dont think it would be a good idea!) my sister is in year 9 and her and all her friends are striking ( they have all organised to come over to our place tommrow for pizza and videos) so yeah i think a fair few studenrts from our skool will, plus some others
ummm, isnt this just wagging??
At least when teachers strike, we still meet in a public place to discuss the issues etc and are accountable for our where abouts...
sorry but this just seems like an excuse to cut school...
BTW what parent would seriously support this?? Please....

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
It will be all the year 9's and 10's who do it 2mrw... Stupid skanks lol... (I have this whole thing against the juniors in my school)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
like i posted in the other thread in NS!
lol i cbf not turning up, i've only got 2 periods.
besides i dont want to fall into bad study habits do i now?

*shakeshead

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by snapperhead
ummm, isnt this just wagging??
At least when teachers strike, we still meet in a public place to discuss the issues etc and are accountable for our where abouts...
sorry but this just seems like an excuse to cut school...
BTW what parent would seriously support this?? Please....
isnt wagging when u go to school then come home? coz if you stay at home and your parents know where you are then its not jigging ( coz then everytime a student doesnt go to, say, an athletics carnival they would be "wagging")

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
wagging, jigging... its all a matter of semantics.
Legitimate reasons aside, not going to school is not going to school.
Like I said, what responsible parent would agree to to this?

Plus students cant strike cause they dont get paid...sorry, more semantics........

It will just be like last year with the "student rallies' Bad publicity for teenagers who are "wagging" school.....

sorry if I think this is a joke as it cheapens a serious issue.

"stay at home and have a pizza and video day"
bah, thats wagging not striking

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah ... well i am not going to do the whole strike thang .... although my sis is deifnetely doing it .. i have got into too much **** with jigging this year anyway so since its year 11 i think it is time for me to settle down and be a good girl

jaspreet

jasz
HSC
N/A
Ok, so let's get this straight. Students are going to have a 48-hour strike Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Teacher's strike on Thursday. State declared public holiday on Friday - National Student's Day. Great! All we need to do now is find a way to eliminate the rest of the school year. Maybe organise a commitee of our own. NSW Student's Federation. Have a website and everything. I'm not doing it but. Too lazy. :(

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
No way am I striking...im AGAINST the teachers strike this time...i need classes as we're so behind on everything already....

no need to snap, snapper :p Im all for teachers getting a pay rise cos I agree with the fact that they are extremely undervalued in their profession...its just that for once, i need english classes :(

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
haha thats funny student retaliation strike ... no hecs !!!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
No way am I striking...im AGAINST the teachers strike this time...i need classes as we're so behind on everything already....

no need to snap, snapper :p Im all for teachers getting a pay rise cos I agree with the fact that they are extremely undervalued in their profession...its just that for once, i need english classes :(
meh, I just think the idea is stupid....
BTW who is the Federation of NSW students (or whatever they are called)? Are you all members?? Is it run by highschool students or uni students? If uni students, why are they calling for a highschool strike? (esp. given their reason given above)

Sounds like an attempt at organised anarchy if you ask me and I think the poster is trying to push this as she has posted this again so that this thread gets pushed down out of sight.

A mod should do something about this as I thought double thread posting was a no-no....

meh, Ive got to go to school to find out whats going on as Ive just heard that Im striking on Friday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)