Nsw Students Strike! (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

On that note, you know those teachers who hate kids and love to make them suffer by being Nazis? You reckon that happened before or after they started teaching?

Gemstone

I'm at a private school anyway so it doesn't effect me at all. Plus we always get an extra week of holidays then the public schools anyway.

Though we had a study day today so we were all off or at least not doing classes anyway.

I do think it's stupid for the teachers to strike though because it disadvantages the students and especially now that the catholic schools are gonna do it to. I mean what reason do catholic schools have to strike they aren't paid by the government (well at least I don't think so) there private istitutions.

I highly doubt a student strike would work. Plus it kidda contradicts the reason for your strike seeing as your reason is that your being disadvantaged because of the teachers striking all the time. So yeah that's just my thoughts.

Gemma

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gemstone
I do think it's stupid for the teachers to strike though because it disadvantages the students and especially now that the catholic schools are gonna do it to.
thats sortof the idea...more aimed at your parents but...
I mean what reason do catholic schools have to strike they aren't paid by the government (well at least I don't think so) there private istitutions.
we are all paid by the govt (except the elite, top private schools where I believe its a co-paid job between school and govt. Think about it, the average "private school" could not afford to run AND pay their staff on what they charge parents.....(av salary=$50-60K

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jhakka
On that note, you know those teachers who hate kids and love to make them suffer by being Nazis? You reckon that happened before or after they started teaching?
definately before...it HAS to before. We students couldn't have turned them into that :rolleyes: :p

J

jhakka

Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
definately before...it HAS to before. We students couldn't have turned them into that :rolleyes: :p
Well they very well could have decided they wanted to become teachers because they hated us and wanted to make our lives hell.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jhakka
Well they very well could have decided they wanted to become teachers because they hated us and wanted to make our lives hell.
perhaps...let's ask snapperhead :p

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
bet your a*** I am...
I hate all ppl under 18.. this is why I chose to dedicate 8 years of my life to the tertiary study (and a double HECS bill of about $20 K) required to make the lives of all who pass through my class a living hell.
That and the pay makes it *really* worthwhile......

Bloody teenagers................
*storms out of the room and slams the door*
:)

J

jhakka

Originally posted by snapperhead
bet your a*** I am...
I hate all ppl under 18.. this is why I chose to dedicate 8 years of my life to the tertiary study (and a double HECS bill of about $20 K) required to make the lives of all who pass through my class a living hell.
That and the pay makes it *really* worthwhile......

Bloody teenagers................
*storms out of the room and slams the door*
:)
So I'm taking that as a maybe, right?

nike33

if you dont like the fact that teachers have the right to strike go to north korea or something ..communism anyone?

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I been saying we ought to strike for years. We ought to get a pay rise to come to school!!!!

Still, I support the teachers in their action, not just for the free day either.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
damn, i wanted to go into castle towers tomorrow.... now there's gonna be all these ratty little schoolkids running around everywhere.... :mad:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
haha ... i wont be running round ... i have hell load of work to do ... my english assigment is due on friday worth like 30 per cent or something and it aint even strted ... so there goes my day

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by karnevil
You're already getting the fucking day off on thursday, don't be greedy
fckng true... at least 90% of the ppl who actually strike are striking for a cause.. the others just want a free day off school and to have their face on tv... pft

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Apparently in Canada they striked for 3 months...now wouldn't THAT be interesting...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)