number of classes/credit points (1 Viewer)

JUB JUB

HSC
Does anyone know how many class I can take on in my first year of B Science?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
up to 48 credit points.

each junior credit point is worth 6 points, except maths which is 3 each.

so i say you will have around 5 subjects per semester!!

memo

You can overload and take up to 32 credit points per semester without the faculty's premission. Unless you are really up to it doing more than 6 subjects is suicidal :D

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Agreed. You'll start to have timetable clashes because science takes up (relatively) more time at uni.
And this isn't good esp. in advanced streams.

What do you want to do?

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
:p
In itself, the science subjects don't normally clash. Your engineering subjects would also be more flexible because more ppl do this combination.

I know a few people majoring in chem/physics with their combined engo degree. I presume that would be ok. Doing two majors... :\ Talk with you TSP mentor, you can take quite a few subjects out of order.
I'm more worried about 2nd year than 3rd year (I believe you have pure science 3rd year to finish the science part, am I right?).

fungusbeatle

Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Aww crap. That means I can't do phys/chem & maths in my combined degree.

That blows.
i'm doing combined eng/sci as well and i managed to do phys,chem and maths in first semester. the guy told me i couldnt, when i enrolled, but i called up the faculty and spoke to some dude who told me not to do engineering computing, so i could do the chem, phys and maths. if you are doing adv. engineering, then you wouldn't need to catch up on engineering computing, since adv. engineering can replace this subject.

jawed_r

I'm doing 5 majors :)

At least thats the plan. Two in Maths, Two in Philosophy, One in Computer Science. I might have problem with the upcoming curiculum changes to CS though...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jawed_r
I'm doing 5 majors :)

At least thats the plan. Two in Maths, Two in Philosophy, One in Computer Science. I might have problem with the upcoming curiculum changes to CS though...
woah- thats crazy dude- and all this in 4 years ei??

anyways, is it possible for me to get a major in both advanced physics and advanced chemistry under the science component of my combined degree?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
anyways, is it possible for me to get a major in both advanced physics and advanced chemistry under the science component of my combined degree?
I'd hope so, because I sure as hell want to do both maths and physics majors.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
I'd hope so, because I sure as hell want to do both maths and physics majors.
yeah, but i sorta see a problem, in that the engineering only allows u to have 12 credit points of electives every year...so it looks like i can only do one major. :S

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Insane? You say overloading is insane!? :D

Pfffft, mere mortals. :p
----

Unless you can convince them to let you through on less prereqs... well, mortals like you will just have to cop it or slog it. :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
Insane? You say overloading is insane!? :D

Pfffft, mere mortals. :p
----

Unless you can convince them to let you through on less prereqs... well, mortals like you will just have to cop it or slog it. :p
hmmm, in that case i wanna b a super human- so ru 1337 guys on crack or something? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)