Number of quoteS? (1 Viewer)

darkwarrior2

HSC
What do you think the number of quotes is appropriate to remember, i know that you should have substantial quotes,
but there's so much depth in all the Coleridge's poems, the stimulus doc, and my related texts that i dont think i'll be able to rememeber it all :S I'm racking up to about 15 quotes and dont think i'll remember em all (I have 3 quotes for each of the two Coleridges poems i am choosing to know extensively) that already makes 6 quotes so im not so sure.

how can i make links between the texts without having to add in a few quotes, e.g linking Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner to Lime-tree bower, I am choosing to extensively know LTB but do not want to remember quotes from ROTAM, any tips?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I just use a quote everytime I bring up a technique, like say "Coleridge uses imagery, “wander like a breeze by lakes and sandy shores…”

But I never actually counted how many quotes I used. For linking, if there's a technique or theme that's similar or common to both texts, when you discuss it the first time about Lime Tree Bower, you could then say "This is also seen in Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, (maybe a quote here)" and then say what effect it has in Rhyme; maybe contrast them if it has a very different effect, or say that it gives a similar meaning. If you do that a few times you could probably get away with only 1 or 2 quotes from RoTAM.

darkwarrior2

HSC
thanks

yeh, i guess its pretty hard not to have any quotes when linking, im thinking around 1 quote for Rotam and 1 for Kubla, and 3 ea for the other two. Thanks for the help

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I have 33 quotes for my whole Imaginative Journeys essay......but I doubt I'll have enough time to right it all in in the 40 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)