• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

number of shakespeares for english? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

for anyone doing ext. english (yr 11), how many shakespeares are u studying this year? already this term, my class studies romeo and juliet, and we also had to read another shakespeare for an assessment task :(

my prediction.....probably 3 shakespeares in one year.....(plus the ones for ext. next yr and the ones for advanced).....horrible.

well, what r u guys doing in english right now? (ive had 2 assessments for aos, and one for ext1)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ im doing ext. 1 prelim eng. we havent done any for shakesperae although i think we will do one. we have had 1 assesment for extension and two for advanced. but the extension one was BIG ( ie two speech and essays n stuff)

i sort of like dont do any shakesperae like my frienz english classes did shakes. in 7,8,9,10 and i have only done it in yr10 so when we do it i wont b too good at interpretating it.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Have done a shakespeare play every year since yr7... this yr tho, i think we only do one, Othello.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yr 7 - a midsummer night's dream
yr 8 - the merchant of venice
yr 9 - romeo and juliet
yr 10 - n/a
yr 11 - othello
yr 12 - the tempest

on the upside, you only have to do one shakespeare for the advanced hsc course :) the ones i can think of offhand are tempest, king lear, hamlet, umm, julius caesar i think...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
we did one for prelim.....othello
and one for hsc.....king lear
Thats exactly what l did.
Oh but in Year 9 or 10 we did Taming of the Shrew.

Lachlan Murray

I do prelim. ext. english and studied Romeo and Juliet.
We have not had any ext. assessments and only one advanced oral task. I think that we will do at least 2 shakespeares in ext. and at least one in advanced.

HSC
Ive done pretty much Shakespeare every year of High School...

Macbeth, Othello, Romeo & Juliet, little bit of King Lear, As You Like It, lol....theres been others, bt thats all I can remember... hehehe

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
be happy!!!

in extension english next year you will do weird post modernism shite and you will be praying for shakespeare!!!

Seriously, there is so much inference and deeper meanings and shakespeare has a traditional structure and once you read it in class and your teacher helps you decontruct it, its relatively easy (well, do-able).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)