Nursing 2008 Anyone? (1 Viewer)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ me too....the only thing bugging me is the new friends factor :S

Che08

HSC
Ive spoken to a few people about the new friends thing.. and they have said that doing a degree like Nursing (or teaching) your more likely to make closer friends and quicker because your subjects are pretty much all the same. So your always with the same group of people which is excellent.
I cant wait to get my first placement.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
My clinical placement starts in week 4 or 5 in the first semester.... so cant wait!

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Aw that sucks! Thats the only reason that I really chose UTS... because of their early clinical placement which they take pride of. If they didnt have that, I would be going to Usyd to do nursing [except University of Sydney's nursing and midwifery faculty had an attrition rate of 32 per cent :S].

Post up your timetables when you get them!

Last edited:

rozymisty

HSC
The clinical time is bascially all the same in the long run, its just appears different.I dont know how it goes inNSW but in Qld if we did more prac than we do now with the BN, it would be more of an EN course...whcih is pretty stupid.

For QUT, we did the following:
1st year- 2wks 2nd semester
2nd year- 2 2wk rotations 1st semester
-2 wk mental health (shudders) 2nd semester
3rd year- 4 weeks 1st semester
- 2 4 wk rotations 2nd semester.

I know that UQand I think ACU start out like 1-3 days a wk from the first semester so its all spread out. Where I work, the UQ students come to the hospital for 2 days a week for the first year and then increase their timeover the year, so they spread it out and its like better retained knowledge than when you go on block pracs. Which is better and you get to know the routines and stuff better apparently.

Good idea to join a gym...but maybe see if they do things like pilates coz that will strengthen up your back and make it more flexible etc than just doing weights and stuff. But the reason i didnt join my uni's gym wascoz its full of body building guys....total turn off!!!

You will make friends easily, especially when it comes to your clinical sessions where you have to interact wtih other students and you will laugh a lot when you have to practice putting people on pans (dont have to use them though), shower pple (some unis still get you to go inyour togs...),feeding each other while lying down blind foldeed so you know how patients feel when they have to be fed....and learnin how to make a bed...something your mother will be pleased you finally learn haha

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
rozymisty said:
But the reason i didnt join my uni's gym wascoz its full of body building guys....total turn off!!!
DROOL!! HAHA LOL

rozymisty said:
You will make friends easily, especially when it comes to your clinical sessions where you have to interact wtih other students and you will laugh a lot when you have to practice putting people on pans (dont have to use them though), shower pple (some unis still get you to go inyour togs...),feeding each other while lying down blind foldeed so you know how patients feel when they have to be fed....and learnin how to make a bed...something your mother will be pleased you finally learn haha
Aw that put some hope to my sadness. I went to enrol today and I didnt speak to ANYONE! I totally regret it and now I think im not going to have any good friends!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
shanti96 said:
I wouldnt bother with any of loser101's remarks... I mean, look at his signature. He's a disgrace.

Anyway, thanks for the offer Tamzof. I'm sure during this year I'll be bombarding you with questions!

Gracie07, I also applied for Usyd and UWS just to be on the safeside. Nothing is worse than not getting your first preference and not having a backup.

The reason I didn't choose Usyd was b/c they didn't offer just the Bachelor of Nursing and all their other undergrad degrees were combined which I didn't really want since Bachelor of Arts wasnt something I was interested in.

And with UWS.... just not really as reputable as UTS
7 days to go till main round offers....good luck!
Don't go to Usyd the chancellor Gordon Brown has repeatedly tried to close down the nursing fac and yeh now it's being deprived of resources, staff/academics and funding.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ well I was hoping to go to usyd to do my masters but now... lol lets see if the course will still be there by then!

Went to get serology today.... not looking to vaccinations!

Che08

HSC
I'll be heading to the doctors very soon - Ive had a few of the vaccinations, but of course there are a couple im yet to have like tb.

Is anyone else spending some time watching medical shows? Even though i know its all done for tv, im still watching them.

uglygirl

HSC
Che08 said:
I'll be heading to the doctors very soon - Ive had a few of the vaccinations, but of course there are a couple im yet to have like tb.

Is anyone else spending some time watching medical shows? Even though i know its all done for tv, im still watching them.
yes, I am.
I really feel enjoyable when wathching it. It s so kool.
It shows us how a nurse have to face with the problems that may occur.:bomb:

Bachelor of health science/ master of nursing at Sydney uni , 2008. If anyone is there. please keep in touch with me. I need ur help. :karate:. I came from non-english speaking background . Other hand, God dosent give me a chance to have a high IQ :rofl: . lol ....

Nice to meet u. And also this is the first time i join in the community :ninja:

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ I applied to usyd masters of nursing for late round but already accepted UTS offer though.

I like watching that "Nurses" show at 8pm on nine... forgot which day though.

I just want to get all my vaccinations done ... think all i need now is the influenza, TB, hep A and TDP.

HSC
Yea try and get in for the TB cause the mantoux test on the back of the immunisation card that is needed for that takes FOREVER to try and get done as all the places are always booked out etc

frangipanisista

HSC
I didn't notice this thread until just now - I'm going to be studying B Nursing at UWS Bankstown.

HSC
N/A
^ nice to meet the new ones!!

Just found out i might get to do my clinical placement at my work !!!:cool:
and just got the dates for my clinical teaching block in darwin 13-17th oct (remember im external) im a bit excited now excpt flights are going to cost me big $$$$$$

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hey, do all you UWS nursing students wear a specific uniform, with a black arm-band? I saw a whole bunch of identical asian chicks wearing their full nurses uniform including hats whilst carrying their luggage and walking towards UWS Hawkesbury yesterday.

I found it a bit strange i thought the nursing semester hadn't started yet.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ if so, what a cute outfit!

Is the TB and mantoux thing the same thing?

I had to apply for Usyd late rounds just for my mum b/c she really wanted me to go there.... got an offer from there today, showed my mum and told her I wasnt going there :p

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
shanti96 said:
^ if so, what a cute outfit!

Is the TB and mantoux thing the same thing?

I had to apply for Usyd late rounds just for my mum b/c she really wanted me to go there.... got an offer from there today, showed my mum and told her I wasnt going there :p
I hope your mum's not too pee'd off, lol

Che08

HSC
Wooz said:
Hey, do all you UWS nursing students wear a specific uniform, with a black arm-band? I saw a whole bunch of identical asian chicks wearing their full nurses uniform including hats whilst carrying their luggage and walking towards UWS Hawkesbury yesterday.

I found it a bit strange i thought the nursing semester hadn't started yet.
black arm bands? maybe they were going to a funeral or something?

- not sure yet ill let you know what the uniform is after i get it.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)