Nursing at Syd (1 Viewer)

Ninja

hey all!
i was just wondering if anyone knows the best way to get to the faculty of nursing at mallet st campus??? ive been there once and i caught the train to redfern where i walked to main campus and got someone to take me there....... i hope thats not the only way to get there cos it took ageeerrs! so plz if u know a better way to get there can u let me know!! thanx in advance!
see u all at O-week!!
xox

Kittycat

HSC
Well, I would get off at Central & catch a bus. It is much a better way. I think it only cost 90 cents

Ninja

thanx guys!
i might walk the first couple of days so i can be sure of where exactly the campus is then start catching the bus!
thanx heaps!

lengstar

HSC
i walked, good exercise. 40 minutes from central

lengstar

HSC
so since this is a nursing thread, who went to the lectures on thrusday because i know some people who didn't. where were you seated?

Adam

HSC
My sister does it there, she gets off at redfern and walks, its a nice one through the uni, and good exercise.

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by lengstar
so since this is a nursing thread, who went to the lectures on thrusday because i know some people who didn't. where were you seated?
I went there, I was at the back. Did you go?

i walked, good exercise. 40 minutes from central
As much as it is a good excerise, I just can't be bothered waking up extra early on Mondays & Thursday (I start at 9am & at 8 am on those days :( )

Kittycat

HSC
By the way, do anybody know which textbooks we are suppose to buy? I got the list on Thursday but for some reason, I lost it....

lengstar

HSC
Originally posted by Kittycat
I went there, I was at the back. Did you go?
yeah i did but i didn't see you. i was near the back about 7 rows down. you stay for the BBQ because i didn't.

Ninja

hey
i was there on thursday....
close to the front.....
i dont know what textbooks to buy either.... have u guys got ur uniforms?? ur immunisations?? im getting my uniform on wednesday cos ive been so lazy lately!
i had biology today and i thought it was bad!!! everything they said went right over my head!!! what did u guys think??

Kittycat

HSC
yeah i did but i didn't see you. i was near the back about 7 rows down. you stay for the BBQ because i didn't.
Nah man, I didn't stay for the BBQ either

Originally posted by Ninja
hey
i was there on thursday....
close to the front.....
i dont know what textbooks to buy either.... have u guys got ur uniforms?? ur immunisations?? im getting my uniform on wednesday cos ive been so lazy lately!
i had biology today and i thought it was bad!!! everything they said went right over my head!!! what did u guys think??
I just got the list of books that we are suppose to buy. Boy do they cost alot of $$. Want me to post them up?

The immunisations at Uni is alot cheaper than most other places. The Hep B vacc cost $15 while it cost $20 - $30 in other places.
I ordered my uniform today. :)

I thought today's lectures was sooo boring. I nearly fell asleep.

lengstar

HSC
anyone got the bio website because i copied it down and apparently its wrong. bio was alright but in nursing the indigenous went a bit too far with her patriotism for her community.

http://Tybio.bio.usyd.edu.au/VLE/L1/1001/
thats the website right?

Ninja

lengstar would u plz be able to post all the textbooks we need on the board?? thanx heaps cos i went to the book shop and it had no listing for nursing...... but that was a while ago....
i think we better compare subjects first tho....
im doing:
*1101 bio
*1001 intro to nursing
*1001 nusring social context

i so agree with u about the first lecture... i was sitting there thinking.... shes preaching about how we should all be respecting her community but no one was disrespecting them... it was in fact her who isolated her own community by constantly refering to them as "blacks" and saying how different they are from "white" people....
bio on the other hand was soooooooo boring!!
i dont have to go today cos my prac got cancelled and thats the only thing i had on........ when do u guys have clinical practice???

lengstar

HSC
you should have gotten the list by now for bio and nursing concepts, if not go to the medical society bookshop and ask for list and you see what books you require. on is McGrall by Knox 2nd Edition with a grasshooper cover... wait we don't do the same bio i do 1001 so yours is different but might use the same book fro bio. anyways the nursing ones are are a pack of two and should be easy to spot as one says Mosby as one of the publishers.

Ninja

hey
yeh i got most of my books now! but thanx anyways!!
i still need the dictionary thing and the readings...... oh and some other book........ we dont need anything for the social context unit do we?? one more question.... where on earth is the stupid medical book shop?????
have they told u what hospital ur going to?? i think i find out tomorrow.......
have a good day!!

lengstar

HSC
its in the borsh building! the one next to the cricket oval south of HK ward or the first level of the nursing building, not ground floor! i think i'm going to St Vincent something at darlinghurst. I'm Steven btw, couple people know me so because i've been making myself... known lol... but yeah maybe see you around bye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)