nursing - hsc leaver - assumed knowledge (1 Viewer)

HSC
As long as u go over your work ull be fine, alot of it is rote learning

i have a quiz on wednesday i should really get to studying for that lol

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Not that long....May 2-something if I recall correctly...

ahhh quiz....lucky its multiple choice but not too keen on the e) option..

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
I went to the ELSSA workshops and found them very useful for assignments. I would highly recommend them.

Last edited:

Nickytoto

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
First yr clinical isnt only showering, ur also doing obs and if ur lucky ull get to watch alot of interesting procedures.

Yes, unfortunately the first 2 clinicals is comprised of alot of basic stuff, such as showering, feeding, obs, but it helps to build up your confidence and interalation skills with patients.

And about men making cracks, never had a bad pt so i cant say:S but i must say most of the pts ive had on any ward have been older and have always been greatful for the help...
Pts are usually pretty used to being seen naked by health professionals. It means nothing to them that another person is seeing them naked. Just don't act like it's a big deal and they won't either. If a pt is acting inappropiately they usually don't give them to students and warn the other nurses.

Sights are pretty ok, I think I am used to them by now. I changed an MRSA dressing last clinical and it didn't bother me at all *is proud*. Just think, "yeah, I'm ok with this" or "this means nothing but for asessment value!" when disgusted lol. Smells are another problem...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)