Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
I start B. Nursing at Kuringai full time this year

:)

upright

HSC
N/A
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello! I remember enrolling as if it were yesterday, as if it were now! Time flies! Good luck with nursing.
[/FONT]

HSC
shortie_689 said:
YAY I'm a nursing CITY student... 2nd year though!!!
You will love it, it's soooo NEW in the city!!!
Yay!! yea im excited about studying at the city campus, at the open days the place looked so nice lol

Prob see you guys around even though im a 1st yr :p

sm88

HSC
Heya. im deferring. does that count? well im still deciding between psychology at griffith or nursing/int studies at uts. i dont know! :S oh whats the difference between the campuses? why is it offered at both the city and kuringai? i would be at kuringai... but i would prefer to be at the city campus... what determines where u study? im so confused. :S:S
hm i still dont know what to do. anyone got any convincing arguments why i should go nursing at uts?! :D

Last edited:
HSC
Yeps it counts!

Well which one would you prefer to do pyschology or nursing. Nursing def seems to be more hands etc

I wanted to do the int studies combined wiht nursing at uts however it is only offered at the kuringai campus so i prefered to go to the city, but with saying that it looked like a really good combination and kuringai's facilities would prob be just as good as the city's (prob better if some of the 2nd and 3rd yr students comment on this lol)

Goodluck on choosing between the two :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
in terms of teaching both of the campuses are the same.. most of the tutors travel to both campuses to teach. The nursing labs are older at kg as the one in the city is newly built. There are way more roooms (labs) at kg than the city.

HSC
Hey guys do you know how we get our textbooks etc is there a booklist we get given or do we ask about it at the coop bookshop....

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
Hey guys do you know how we get our textbooks etc is there a booklist we get given or do we ask about it at the coop bookshop....
Theres a book pack, with everything in it. I got mine today. If you join the coop for $20 you get a 10% discount on your textbooks, which is like $36.60, (I think the total of the books are $366.00).
I've been reading mine and they're really interesting.

HSC
Okies so that was what those boxes were today lol

Yea i need to go back to the Kuringai campus and get the instruments cause they sold out of some of the stuff in the equipment package, and ill get the books too :)

Should i just ask the people in there that im a first year nursing student and i need my textbooks.... i thought they would give us a list oh well lol

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
Okies so that was what those boxes were today lol

Yea i need to go back to the Kuringai campus and get the instruments cause they sold out of some of the stuff in the equipment package, and ill get the books too :)

Should i just ask the people in there that im a first year nursing student and i need my textbooks.... i thought they would give us a list oh well lol
Yeah, the lady just told me, that box is first year nursing. You should be able to get the extra stuff from the city co-op.

HSC
Yea i actually asked the lady if i could purchase this stuff from the city/broadway coop shop and she was like only our store stocks it... i found that a bit weird but oh well :)

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
Yea i actually asked the lady if i could purchase this stuff from the city/broadway coop shop and she was like only our store stocks it... i found that a bit weird but oh well :)
:confused: I heard her tell one of the girls that she could get whatever else she needed from the city.

What time were you there?

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
absolutepureobl said:
:confused: I heard her tell one of the girls that she could get whatever else she needed from the city.
Oh yeah they had run out of some of the stock when I wanted to buy some, the city campus probably only has limited stock seeing as there are only 100 students attending there.

I agree, the Nursing textbooks look very interesting :)

HSC
I was there for the 11.30 session which ended up going till about 2ish by the time we got to station 7...

Yea i thought it was weird that they were both coop stores but only this one stocked it however the course is also offered in the city.

I'll just take in the equipment list to the city store and ask there and ill just ask them if they know what textbooks are required for first year nursing students :) I really want to start reading up on some of the stuff

Thnxs for your help guys!

shortie_689

HSC
I am a city student and I got my books from Kgai for 2 reasons 1 because I live like 5 mins away and 2 cause they have sooo much more there like equipment and stuff like I have found city one has run out continuously and has let some of us without books we need!!!
With the books u will have to set and then when you start and gradually the whole way through they will tell you to get boks ull need or books that will be of benefit to you!!!
I was hell confused about books when I started to but It all becomes very obvious once you get started they are all so helpful!!!
I really hope you guys enjoy nursing it is soo interesting just dont let that get lost on you when you are learning the basics!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)