Nursing Textbooks? (1 Viewer)

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
My mother completed a a Bachelor of Nursing degree about ten years ago now.

She still has her old textbooks, and I know that the ones about nursing practices will be out of date. However, the anatomy textbook could still be relevant so I was wondering what textbooks were used in the BN course. I would hate to look at the textbook that I have here and then be confused about what I have to learn in the course. Thanks! :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
patho- anatomy textbooks that would be useful is the marieb one OR the disease in adults and children forgot the author. used throughout

discipline of nursing- when i did it they gave us the book.

Adult nursing- potter and perry as well as browns and edwards and oh yeah tiziani (this will be in a pack). These books will be used throughout

for sem two you will be doing a subject called "nursing relationship" seriously i didnt buy the textbook and i think its useless if you do. you can always borrow it from the library or get it second hand.

the other subjects would be similar.
sorry if i forgotten anything lol its been awhile.

if u have any questions just let me know :)

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
For the first one do you mean Human Anatomy and Physiology by Elaine N. Marieb? I have the second edition of that, even though it's ancient (1992) it looks surprisingly modern in the inside.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeah that one

ive got 6th edition. Dont know if its the latest.
I dont refer to the textbooks much for patho. Just used my lecture notes. I guess its up to the individual.

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
I think the latest is the 7th edition

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
Hey dark`secrets

I sent you a PM, could you answer it please? :)

shortie_689

HSC
I got the 7th ed. Marieb last year.
They suggested when we started that if using Text books try to get them so that they are at least 2 to 3 years recent, (I think that was it though don't quote me)
I agree with dark secrets about the nursing relo book and law books I bought them and I have opened them once.
I found it a waste but suppose it comes in handy for assessments just to have them there handy!!!

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
Hey guys... text book lists for this semester are online at: http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au/

Just search for your uni and campus ("text list search") and then match up the course codes found by the search to the courses you're taking this semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)