Nysf? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone trying out for NYSF?

I haven't had my district selctions yet, but how were all you BOSers district selections? I have no idea what you have to do at them , and I hear each district is a little different. Still waiting for my district head to email the information!

Gigacube

HSC
I was thinking of applying but I'm not fully interested in science & someone else would enjoy the experience much more than I would.

Good luck with applying! Hope you get in. :D

Gigacube

HSC
Okay, there is no way I can afford that. Oh dear robots, that is very expensive. One day Spiral, one day...
Maybe there is hope...

http://www.nysf.edu.au/about/tandc
While Rotary Clubs are not required to assist their nominated students financially, it is common for them to make a contribution toward the total amount. Students should discuss this with their supporting club during the selection process.
Students can also look to their School, and sponsoring Rotary Club for assistance in organising a fundraising event. Past students have run concerts, trivia nights and raffles as a means of raising the amount. It must be stressed that there are options available to obtain funding for students who could not otherwise afford to attend the NYSF. Monetary considerations should not be a reason for any student to miss out on this program.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you really enjoy science then I think you should at least apply & give it a go. Hey, it can be practice for when you apply for scholarships.
I do not wish to be interviewed by humans.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Rotary normally pays for half. But I know there's a similar program that is cheaper, maybe it's called International Science School or something? Oh and I've heard of one I think it's at Monash and that's where they pick the Olympiad teams except that one is so hard to get into with really competitive tests that are apparently much harder than ICAS Science and RACI Chemistry.

Thank you for the luck Giga, I would really love to go. I think it's kind how you considered others that are fully interested in science, I got offered to apply to an April Economics school at Sydney uni but I passed up because Economics is not my love like it would be for someone else. It's just a school subject I happen to do.

Nicole31

HSC
hey, just had my district selection interview..... :/
Have you done yours yet?

JAult

HSC
Hey all, I just had my district selections last weekend... and... I got in :D :D So happy at the moment. So, I'm from 9690 where are you from?? How did your interviews go??

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^How'd she get in from being superloaded? You still would have had to get rotary support and pass district selection interviews.

stillthinkin

HSC
The cost is a huge barrier for most people, which is why alot of the ppl I know who are amazing at science can't enter because rotary won't pay it for them. She could afford most of the entry and she's pretty good at science too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)