• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

O-Week (1 Viewer)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it as good as it sounds? Which uni has the better O-Week activities and all?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I don't know about other universities - but UNSW's Arc gave me a brochure for their O-Week. It features things such as, and I quote: "Karaoke" (yay, as a Filipino I cherish any opportunity to break out into random song), "Jelly wrestling" (wat), "Giant games" (like Giant.. chess with pieces that require two hands?!), "Campus Idol" (we make one or...?), "Speed dating" (oh noez! that should be interesting to watch though), "Poker comp" (yeeeeeeeee), "Free stuff" (yay!), Moonlight Cinema" (i hope we watch Zulu, or 500 Days of Summer!), "Live comedy" (yay) and other things as well. DJs, so I assume dancing will be an activity.

Tagline is: "Go Wild" so.. make of that as you wish.

em9c

HSC
It's a good opportunity to meet new people and faculty members. And join some clubs too!

In terms of campus/course information - it's pretty much straight forward (but not essential). Even if you don't go to O week at all, I'm sure most of the information will be given in lectures/tutorials about do's and don't s.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I don't know about other universities - but UNSW's Arc gave me a brochure for their O-Week. It features things such as, and I quote: "Karaoke" (yay, as a Filipino I cherish any opportunity to break out into random song), "Jelly wrestling" (wat), "Giant games" (like Giant.. chess with pieces that require two hands?!), "Campus Idol" (we make one or...?), "Speed dating" (oh noez! that should be interesting to watch though), "Poker comp" (yeeeeeeeee), "Free stuff" (yay!), Moonlight Cinema" (i hope we watch Zulu, or 500 Days of Summer!), "Live comedy" (yay) and other things as well. DJs, so I assume dancing will be an activity.

Tagline is: "Go Wild" so.. make of that as you wish.
I would ditch USyd's O-Week just to go to UNSW's

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If your living near the campus, and got some free time, they're worth checking out. However, don't feel obligated to go, especially if there's nothing interesting scheduled that day.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There'll be hot chicks to talk to, there's always something to do =P

What's on for Sydney's Open Day, ML? Do you know?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
There'll be hot chicks to talk to, there's always something to do =P

What's on for Sydney's Open Day, ML? Do you know?
No idea actually. Didn't get to ask about it on Open or Info Day unfortunately.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I'll be going to USyd's, though I can't find any specific activities on the website either. It's not for more than a month though, I assume they'll have them up eventually.

UNSW's looks great from what I can see. I might go and check that out too ;p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, it's not like they'll be able to differentiate between future Sydney and UNSW students.

BOS get together?

I'll be lugging a copy of Sophie's World. You? =P

Vexrz

HSC
well uts is making all the engineering and i.t students go on a 3day camp :L

OMFG7891

HSC
DJ and other O week gigs wise, I'm guessing that everything will be 18+ so does anyone know if there is other stuff on for underage people at UNSW at night?

Also in regards to other uni's, according to my soon to be attending friend, ANU has a heap of stuff on, Foam Parties, Eurotrash Party (Philadelphia Grand Jury are playing, I would've really liked to go if not for my 17 year oldness'), Mr ANU (I honestly don't even know haha), and a lot more. Their O week is the week before UNSW's, UOW's, USYD's and it seems most other Universities though haha

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If some events are 18+, I will NOT be a happy camper. I also hope the poker competition is open to under 18s.... if not <_<

Still, I suppose it couldn't hurt to sit outside and read a book - or go home for the night.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
That Jelly Wrestling thing at UNSW sounds like it'll be 18+ ;]

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That Jelly Wrestling thing at UNSW sounds like it'll be 18+ ;]
18+ to watch or 18+ to participate in? Because if it's the latter - it's not that big of a loss to me =P

But seriously - I want to know what it is. I'll go in there with an open mind, and open eyes and see what this... "jelly wrestling" thing is. Though they should know that they're holding their little jelly wresting comp. in the Wrestlemania build-up, so they're gonna have to pull out all the stops to impress me =)

Kralex

HSC
If some events are 18+, I will NOT be a happy camper. I also hope the poker competition is open to under 18s.... if not <_<

Still, I suppose it couldn't hurt to sit outside and read a book - or go home for the night.
Of course poker comp isn't going to be open to u18s....

shit man most of the good events are going to be 18+ (alcohol lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)