O-week (1 Viewer)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I am tossing up whether it's worth going to o-week.
What does everyone else think?

I started a different uni course at a different uni last year, and I went o week, and hated it. I found it boring and unnecessary.
But at the same time, I suspect that this is when people will make most of their friends and stuff, so maybe it is worth going...?
It's just I have to move to Wollongong and stuff, and if I go to o-week I will have to rush to get down there, where if I don't I'll have an extra week to move in. I don't want to have to rush if o-week won't be worth it.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
glitter burns said:
I am tossing up whether it's worth going to o-week.
What does everyone else think?

I started a different uni course at a different uni last year, and I went o week, and hated it. I found it boring and unnecessary.
But at the same time, I suspect that this is when people will make most of their friends and stuff, so maybe it is worth going...?
It's just I have to move to Wollongong and stuff, and if I go to o-week I will have to rush to get down there, where if I don't I'll have an extra week to move in. I don't want to have to rush if o-week won't be worth it.
i suspect the university hasn't organised much for O-week. Unless your living on campus, nothing notable will be happening.

and "north-west sydney" is pretty far away.

Ninga

HSC
I think O-week is really about 2 or 3 days for domestic students. The first 2 days of the week are more for international students, and their enrolments. Then over wed - fri you get domestic orientation stuff. If i remember my O-week correctly (2002), i only had like 1 day of stuff. The rest of the time was just spent with mates and going around the uni doing stupid stuff. And town was packed at night. Theres a thing at the unibar on Thursday night too of O-week, thats for the first years. And thats about all i remember.

santaslayer

HSC
O-week...I got my freakin diary i think...

was introduced to the Dell computers....

?????

kag86

HSC
N/A
I really haven't heard anything about O-week.... it sucks coz my course is being done at Moss Vale so I'm like isolated from the rest of the uni... thats why i want to go to UWS!!!!

Ninga

HSC
Of course, you're from the shire. Explains a lot. All about the me factor, and living in gods country! Bloody shire people!

PS - I have nothing against shire people :)

kag86

HSC
N/A
Haha yeah I know what you mean but guess what?? If i get a spot at UWS i am actually going to decline my offer at UOW... well i've accepted it already but i'll back out. Yep a shire girl who'd rather go to UWS... crazy huh?

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Hmm, I've come to a conclusion: I think I'll give o-week a miss, except for Thursday when there's some stuff relevent to me going on.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
santaslayer said:
O-week...I got my freakin diary i think...

was introduced to the Dell computers....

?????
I got my diary when I enrolled

....how do we get it this year?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Ms 12 said:

We wait in a line and get our names marked off. :)

Or we can not bother. I know I rarely used my diary.

santaslayer

HSC
Ms 12 said:

There's a table...generally outside the Unishop...so you won't miss it.,..sonce ur gonna bujy ur books....and everything else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)