• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

O Week (1 Viewer)

B

Bears_den

I Was Just Wondering Is O Week Just More Than Just Orientation To Uni Ie Tours Etc Because I Was Told Last Year By Career Advisor Its A Deadet Ringa Of Schoolies Booze, Bands Etc Because It Only Has A Few Things On O Week On Site Like The Tours Etc.

Just Wanted To Know Wat The Deal Is With This And If Its Right Or Not ?

B

Bears_den

my course o day is 23rd wat do u mean 3 days is that for every1 im deadset lost about this whole thing because i heard unsw have like bands etc eskimo joe? is uws got good night life parties etc as im going to penrith thanks for your help on this issue i just want to know wat im in 4

theone123

blue essence
HSC
natstar said:
Orientation is in the first 3 days of next week. They are course introduction sessions, tours. During the week after, is when you have classes, but there is stalls, rides, music. There is bars is you wana drink, but you still have to go to classes. I wouldent say its "deadset ringa of schoolies booze".
Anyway as if the uni are going to promote boozing on their website.
its the last three days of the next working week, 23rd, 24th and 25th.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Are those lecture thingies at Orientation important?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have no idea. I didn't go to orientation last year, but apparently i didn't miss out on much.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
ok good! im planning to not go to mine on the 24th but to the 23rd one instead considering everyone i know is going the 23rd one. DAMN ARTS

klh

HSC
but the thread says o week??? not course orientation!!!
o week is the first week of starting uni, adn like what natstar said: ie rides, stalls etc. course orientation is the one where you discuss your course and have campus/library tours and free bbq.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ooh ... they are two different things? I thought that they were the same thing. My mistake ... sorry.

0 week happens during the first week - i can't remember anything like that during first week last year :(

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
so are you saying that the first week of uni is bascially like luna park? is this all over every campus or what? and alcohol being offered during study? is this actually true? god uni sounds so weird...

i didn't realise o week and orientation were different either... a general summary of both please?

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
so they dont just dump us in first day and expect us to sit in a lecture and take notes straight off? !!!!!

and is it 'make money for the uni' day or are things relatively cheap ie. rides?

mattyg87

HSC
im going twice to O Week i decided :) im going to my orientation, which is 11-12.30 on the 23rd, and i have to be home at 2pm to register for a tute, but ill probably go back there on the 25th with a friend for tours and other stuff

SweetSeasons

HSC
Yeah I'm leaving my orientation early cause i have to get back up the mountains for work.

mattyg87

HSC
whats bad, i had to work that arvo from 4pm too, with the chick i have the biggest crush on, but i didnt know she was working and someone asked me if i would swap shifts for them, so im working on sunday instead..

im cut

wow i was thinkn of skippin orientation... but i think ill go now..
hehe ridez and live bandz... has ne1 been to the orientation at parra? do they have fun stuf like that there?
im hoping :D

Jonathan A

HSC
People, O Week is nothing. It is Orientation and really doesn't do much other than getting ready for study and a BBQ.

Welcome Week is the week where you start and where things are set to sizzle. UWSConnect has quite a lot of things installed on ALL campuses for student activities and rest assured those stupid jumping castles that the Students Associations have wasted money on will not be a UWSConnect project.

What I will say is that you can take advantage of the UWSConnect cruise in March, they are big hits!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)