Obese children need to be taken away from their parents? (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Yes because it is not the problem of the State that they are fat. It is the problem of the parents. Maybe cut them off from public hospitals when they are 18.

Who the fuck would want to go into care, anyway, when you have parents but the only thing wrong is you are fat? Public homes are just about the worst thing imaginable, maybe besides prison.

Rainie

HSC
This article reminds me of the British eight yr old boy who got taken away from his parents because the mother always listened to the child and gave him junk everyday.

Well, on topic. The children should be taken temporarily to teach them how to eat healthy and lose weight for the sake of Australia not to turn like the bloody Americans. Oh, and while they're at it, the parents should also attend courses about healthy eating/living.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
:rofl:
Yes because it is not the problem of the State that they are fat. It is the problem of the parents. Maybe cut them off from public hospitals when they are 18.

Who the fuck would want to go into care, anyway, when you have parents but the only thing wrong is you are fat? Public homes are just about the worst thing imaginable, maybe besides prison.
this

coopert

HSC
I regard enabling a child to become so unhealthy to the point where he or she is medically obese, as child abuse.

The parent's need to be both punnished, but also educated on Nutrition 101

Boxes

Banned
HSC
I regard enabling a child to become so unhealthy to the point where he or she is medically obese, as child abuse.

The parent's need to be both punnished, but also educated on Nutrition 101
but how much education do you need to know that feeding your kids maccas 6 times a day is going to make them overly obese? it's pretty common knowledge.

coopert

HSC
but how much education do you need to know that feeding your kids maccas 6 times a day is going to make them overly obese? it's pretty common knowledge.
Haha, (I apologise in advance - Simpsons reference impending) it's like those community classes that Homer and Marge were forced to participate in after they lost custody of the kids to the Flanders family.

Teacher: "And I can not stress this enough, people; garbage goes in garbage can!"

Homer: "Hmm, makes sense"

It's sad because there are some parents (mostly of the bogan variety, but still) who have little to no social or life skills in general.

You need a liscence to drive a car, and even to catch a fish; but they will let any moron be responsible for the health and safety of a child.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
You need a liscence to drive a car, and even to catch a fish; but they will let any moron be responsible for the health and safety of a child.
Exactly, maybe we should introduce breeding licences.

The same parents that let their kids get obese are usually the ones that don't know how to keep a house clean, or how to hold down a job, or how to generally not be a failure at life, and because they don't know any different they think they're doing OK. That or they just don't care.

Idk if we should be taking fat kids away from their parentals but mum and dad need a good kick up the ass at the least and to stop making excuses along the lines of:

* "My kid doesn't like [insert any nutritious food]"

... er, if you keep on putting it on their plate and making them eat it they'll suck it up and learn to like it eventually. Unless it's an allergy there's no reason why a picky kid should get to eat maccas every day because that's what they like.

* "I can't afford to make healthy meals for my kids/I don't have the time"

... if you are really that poor sign up with a charity or something. fast food is cheap but you can get better stuff for around the same price, difference is you have to get off your ass and cook it yourself. make the time.

and so on

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I saw an obese baby about a year ago. It was disgusting. The mother deserved to be shot.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
what gun do you think she should be shot with?

Depends, 100Kgs of fat can stop a pistol shot.

Some people gotta remember its genetics sometimes. Ok i can understand two stick insects giving birth and letting it eat anything it wants and it gets obese, then they should be sent to school. But the people who are genetically fat cant help it. They can try to eat healthier, and many do, it just takes longer to lose it because of their metabolisms.

Take my family for instance. Im skinny, the second eldest is filling out to the size of a footballer and my youngest brother is overweight. My father was skinny, my mother is as fat as pluto (god i hate the women). Its all genetics, i look lime my father, the youngest looks like my mother. My younger brother eats healthy as well.

Sending kids to fat camp doesnt work anyways, some people eat when they are depressed, so wtf is a fat camp gonna do?

CIV1501

Banned
HSC

Some people gotta remember its genetics sometimes. Ok i can understand two stick insects giving birth and letting it eat anything it wants and it gets obese, then they should be sent to school. But the people who are genetically fat cant help it. They can try to eat healthier, and many do, it just takes longer to lose it because of their metabolisms.

Take my family for instance. Im skinny, the second eldest is filling out to the size of a footballer and my youngest brother is overweight. My father was skinny, my mother is as fat as pluto (god i hate the women). Its all genetics, i look lime my father, the youngest looks like my mother. My younger brother eats healthy as well.

Sending kids to fat camp doesnt work anyways, some people eat when they are depressed, so wtf is a fat camp gonna do?
wrong.

fat kids are fat because parents let them be fat.

bored.of.u

HSC
No I believe it is the parents responsibilty to take care of children. take the parents away

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

"Genetically fat"

No. Genes do not have a direct bearing on whether or not someone is overweight. Nobody is destined to be fat. Basically your genetics influence how likely you are to gain weight in an environment/lifestyle where consuming more than you expend through exercise is the norm. Your genes impact your susceptibility to weight gain but this is not an excuse for people to latch onto.

There is absolutely no reason why someone who is more pre-disposed to weight gain than someone else cannot achieve and stay at a healthy weight. So it's a bit harder and they have to watch what they eat a bit more, so what? Suck it up or learn to like being a fatso 'cause those are your only options.

I mean I see what you're saying but people also need to stop using it as a cop-out.

Also, there's a world of difference between a kid being a bit big-framed or having some puppy fat, and a kid being obese because it's parents couldn't be bothered.

Pretty much nobody unless they have a serious medical problem will still be overweight if they eat well and exercise regularly.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
"Genetically fat"

No. Genes do not have a direct bearing on whether or not someone is overweight. Nobody is destined to be fat. Basically your genetics influence how likely you are to gain weight in an environment/lifestyle where consuming more than you expend through exercise is the norm. Your genes impact your susceptibility to weight gain but this is not an excuse for people to latch onto.

There is absolutely no reason why someone who is more pre-disposed to weight gain than someone else cannot achieve and stay at a healthy weight. So it's a bit harder and they have to watch what they eat a bit more, so what? Suck it up or learn to like being a fatso 'cause those are your only options.

I mean I see what you're saying but people also need to stop using it as a cop-out.

Also, there's a world of difference between a kid being a bit big-framed or having some puppy fat, and a kid being obese because it's parents couldn't be bothered.

Pretty much nobody unless they have a serious medical problem will still be overweight if they eat well and exercise regularly.

My lil brother plays union and eats well, i make sure of that when i see him, but metablisms can alter, and there are medical mental conditions that can affect the way people eat.

Mind you the lil brother has lost alot of weight from when i was living at home.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
My lil brother plays union and eats well, i make sure of that when i see him, but metablisms can alter, and there are medical mental conditions that can affect the way people eat.

Mind you the lil brother has lost alot of weight from when i was living at home.
Fat brother, maximum rate of youth allowance.

Sounds like you're pretty much a scum bogan!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Fat brother, maximum rate of youth allowance.

Sounds like you're pretty much a scum bogan!

I get maximum becuse im independent, the parents are bogan scum, not the person who they tried takin to court and failed miserably.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

If your bro eats properly and exercises a lot and is still genuinely overweight I daresay he has a problem of some kind. Should get him checked out.

That, or he's not actually eating well enough or exercising enough. Some people do struggle more with maintaining weight than others, but that's life I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)