• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ocd (1 Viewer)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
What are your obsessive habits? Come on, we all have some form of OCD. What's your involve?

I have two.
One is that I can't have the digital volume on anything (tv, radio etc) on any number other than a multiple of 2 or 5. So my volume either has to be 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 (I don't like 14), 16, 18, 20, 21(an exception, probably cos it's a multiple of 3), 24, 25 etc
The other is that I cannot answer a phone when it's mid-ring. Doesn't matter how hard I try, I just can't pick it up whilst it's making noise.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I spaz out big time when my desk is really messy. EVERYTHING MUST BE PUT INTO ITS PLACE otherwise I will explode

I cannot have my bookshelf in any order, THEY MUST BE IN ORDER OF THEIR SERIES/AUTHOR/SIZE/COLOUR

When controlling the volume, it must go up in 5s or 2s. It cannot be on anything ending in 3, 7 or 9

Urgh I have so many more when I think of them and realise they're OCD I'll post them haha

em_516

bludging..
HSC
If I listen to anything on my computer through my earphones, I have to have the sound at 7. When I take my earphones out and put it on 100, I always put it back to 7 and then mute it. :confused:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
what are your obsessive habits? Come on, we all have some form of ocd. What's your involve?

I have two.
One is that i can't have the digital volume on anything (tv, radio etc) on any number other than a multiple of 2 or 5. So my volume either has to be 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 (i don't like 14), 16, 18, 20, 21(an exception, probably cos it's a multiple of 3), 24, 25 etc
+1

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
haha i have quite a few. i do everything in threes, i can only have three grapes, three lollies, and if i have another one, i have to have another two to be a multiple of three. i only have my volume in my car on multiples of three, when i brush my teeth of a night i have to have three 'swishes' then three gulps of water at the end. i'm always number three in touch, whenever i'm in a relay and run third we've won. stuff like that.

all my school work is done perfectly, neat writing, red margin, always using my parker pen and staedtler triplus fineliner red. i highlight everything in the mix between pink and orange highlighter. my timetable is colour coded, and everything else is colour coded [in the same colour as my timetable], ie, i use my blue triplus fineliner for my notes book in chem, yellow for maths, etc, and the covers of my folder things are that colour aswell.

although, looking at the state of my room and my study, you wouldn't think i was ocd about neatness in my school books. there's crap everywhere.

i ALWAYS [even in summer] have to sleep with my doona, blanket and sheets. can't sleep without them.

there's a LOT more but i can't think at the moment.

my mum thinks i'm a freak. haha.

Last edited:

efhat

HSC
I cant go to sleep unless my sheets are completely straight and tucked i properly etc. I dont understand how people can sleep on beds with sheets all wrangly and shit

HSC
N/A
with the exception of doing things in threes, none of those are real OCD habits. please, go to a mental hospital and check out some of the real crazies. being a perfectionist or wanting things to be the way that makes you feel comfortable/happy does not equate to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
with the exception of doing things in threes, none of those are real OCD habits. please, go to a mental hospital and check out some of the real crazies. being a perfectionist or wanting things to be the way that makes you feel comfortable/happy does not equate to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
i have this OCD of pointing out and quoting shit posts

HSC
My Itunes must always have the correct title, artist, album, year, composer etc.

rozymisty

HSC
I used to many years ago always get out of bed and check the windows countless times. Which was annoying for me and my sis and mum, coz id have to get down from the skeaky bunk bed and mum would hear me and yell go to sleep liz!

And id have to get up and write notes, just stupid notes so that i wouldnt forget in the morning.
Kinda grew out of that one.

mum has heaps...have to have a shower after going out and using pubic loos, have to get the shoes off before we go in, have to wear thongs around the house, have to do everything her way..plus mor that have caused so many arguments

HSC
i check my powerpoints/stovetop etc at least five times before i leave

so many times i've got halfway somewhere and had a freak out (after having checked a billion times already) and have to go back and check again just to make sure

HSC
N/A
i have this OCD of pointing out and quoting shit posts
Whatever, loser. I am right. Go and check out some real OCD sufferers, who spend a whole day sitting in a chair, standing up, and sitting down again and who never eat because they are rearranging cutlery the whole time.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
My palms cards need to have exactly 10 sentences in size 12 font and be no longer than the length of my hand.

All tags must be tucked in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also like symmetry... sometimes

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
I have the phone thing too, moll. I always wait till it's between rings.

Whenever one of my arms are pulled (or shirt sleeve, jumper, etc.) I always feel that it's "uneven" and I pull the other one to "even it out". Then I either need to pull it again because I feel I didn't pull it enough, or I pull the original arm because I pulled the other one too much. It can go on for 10-15 minutes. Crazy shit.

It used to be worse when I was younger, though. Never stepping in cracks, always ending on the foot that I didn't start on, never being able to sleep well or sit comfortably because I kept having to keep the material underneath me "even". Though the first two I'm sure most kids used to do.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
My Itunes must always have the correct title, artist, album, year, composer etc.
For once I agree with you.

I can't stand it when other people's iTunes haven't got the correct information

rozymisty

HSC
I always have to pee before getting into a lift or on a bus etc coz im paranoid that ill get stuck in the lift for hours or stuck in a traffic jam.

HSC
not really OCD, but tics i have:

- i cannot look at a number sequence without creating patterns to make sense of it.
- skittles, MnMs, tiny teddys, and other snacks with set colours/patterns i have to eat like so: pick out a handful, separate into colour/pattern, then eat each colour/pattern in order of the least to most in each category, any ties being settled by alphabetical order.(eg. skittles: 1 yellow, then 2 green, then 4 orange, and finally 4 red.
- i have to step in the middle of tiles. to the point where i will tiptoe across mosaics.
- if i touch any chemical i have to wash my hands several times, due to paranoia that ill blind myself by rubbing my eyes; even after i stop washing my hands i am still agitated about it.
- i feel safer when i see palindromes or other clear patterns.

there are probably others, but i cant remember them.

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
fucking hear hear

tosspots

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Wow, everyone here is weird.
letmejoinyouall.

I cannot step on the cracks in pavement or those tar joining lines that join 2 planks of pavement thingo. I have done it, but its just awkward, dunno why.

I have a symmetry issue.. everything needs to be symmetrical if it can be helped.

And worst of all, i absofuckinglutely HATE getting fingerprint smudges/dust buildup on anything shiny i own: watch, specs, fone screen, ipod screen, laptop (completely glossy, fml), need to wipe it all to pristine cleanness.

HSC
i check my powerpoints/stovetop etc at least five times before i leave

so many times i've got halfway somewhere and had a freak out (after having checked a billion times already) and have to go back and check again just to make sure
haha my old man does that lol we'd be in the car waiting to go somewhere and he'd be inside checking the powerpoints. and he did it at night too lol i'd be watching tv and he'd come and and turn the light on in the kitchen and stare at the power points for like a minute each lol id be like its off you dickhead and he'd be like yeah and keep staring lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)