Offer for BIT. How do you accept? (1 Viewer)

gwiz

HSC
I got an offer for Business IT (co-op) at UNSW but when i go to accept the offer there is only a code for Information Systems... Is this the same as BIT? I dont want to discard my offer. Thanks for any help.

diana169

HSC
N/A
I have the same problem. the BIT option isn't on the program code list. Have you got a login ID yet? or are you going to wait?

gwiz

HSC
yeah ive got an id

im gonna ring up tomoorw.

far out this is nerve racking.

what are you gonna do?

diana169

HSC
N/A
yea, i'm gonna ring up tomorrow too.

Just hoping that nothing weird is going on with the scholarship itself...

gwiz

HSC
Yeah, i know ay.

Can you post any news you get from them tomorrow here?

I'll do the same.

Thankssss

sunny

meh.
HSC
Relax guys the coop people can pull all sorts of strings, so don't worry about anything.

Last edited:

gwiz

HSC
Sunny you rule :)

But still just to make sure, this is kinda weird.

diana169

HSC
N/A
hey, if i go to UNSW tomorrow, will there be people guiding me through the whole process or is it more like here are computers ask for assistance if you need.?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Sorry but what's on tomorrow? If its one of those enrolment help days they should have people there with computers that help you with enrolment problems.

If the only thing thats bothering you is the code for IS showing up, it would be easier to just call the coop office or the BIT director.

doot~

HSC
hey, I thought the BIT co-op code was 3971 and the normal one 3979. Is that not working?

gwiz, how'd you get an ID if the code doesn't work?

gwiz

HSC
i used the bloody ISM one...

What do i do now?

doot~

HSC
Well, 3971 isn't working anyway - it says my code is wrong. So at least you have an ID? Maybe they put you in 3979 first and then transfer you to 3971 once your enrolment is confirmed for BIT?

I'll call up tomorrow first thing to ask.

doot~

HSC
HEY, if you guys are still up ...
we have to enrol into 3979 first then Co-op will move us to 3971 (says current co-op student =])

so yay, no more worrying, go to sleep happy guys =]!

gwiz

HSC
Thanks doot!

lol we are gonna see each other soon!

misdreavous

Counterbalance
HSC
HEY, if you guys are still up ...
we have to enrol into 3979 first then Co-op will move us to 3971 (says current co-op student =])

so yay, no more worrying, go to sleep happy guys =]!
Probably useless giving advice now but.....

Yeah you enrol as 3979 just like the non co-ops, but you get transferred to 3971 after 1 semester. Apparently that happens with everyone each year...Money gets paid to your nominated bank account, you can also check on myunsw once the payments are set up.

First year subjects,

ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A (6 UOC) - Accounting is a core subject for commerce so there's like lots of lectures and tutorials, try to find one with people you know.....so you can copy lecture notes/tutorial notes

COMP1911 Computing 1 (6 UOC) - You get to choose between this or the higher variant of this 1917. Personally I would recommend the higher version because even though BIT is not hard-core coding like computer science, you still need to know how to program. Always nice to get a good grip on the basics of programming which is what first year computing is about. You will have to do a INFS java programming course later which will be easy if you learnt your programming concepts well in C (1911 +1921).

INFS1602 Info Systems in Business (6 UOC) - Umm........this is like a repeat of HSC IPT....if you did well in HSC IPT, I suggest you talk to BIT/ISM co-ordinator Christine about skipping this one.....then you can get a free elective first sem....otherwise it is fairly easy to get high marks in this course.

MATH1131 Mathematics 1A (6 UOC) - HSC 4u + other stuff in a condensed amount of time, might be difficult for some....esp since they teach complex numbers in like 2 weeks. For those that did 4u......ummm you can do the higher version 1141 in which you learn a bit more, but if you want better marks it's better if you ace 1131.

Any issues, don't be afraid to contact Christine (BIT/ISM co-ordinator) who you will meet soon at the orientation event they have for 1st years. She's very nice and will always be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)