Offering my Engineering Services (1 Viewer)

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
Hey guys,
I havent been here for a while now. I graduated 2003, and studying Engineering at Uni. I did Eng St and did quite well. I have a semester break next week and thought i might offer my services to anyone who needs it. Its been a while since i touched the syllabus but the content is still fresh(since i use it everyday)...

if you have a question that cant be answered quickly(ie a simle question), post it here or email me. ill get to you ASAP(within the week).

Happy Studying!
Chosta

fishy89sg

HSC
sry i dont do engineering studies, but the engineering class in our school will definately need your help as only 3 out of 20 of them passed

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
Let them know about this. My week break is over, but post any Qs and ill try and get to it.

Spon888

HSC
Wow thanks for the offer of service. I'll definetly have some questions right up to the 8th Nov which is the HSC Engineering test, but not right now (I haven't started studying yet :p)

However most of my questions will have to do with strange material things, because theres not a great deal of mechanics questions left anymore. So watch this space ;)

DE MAN

HSC

joeyassad

HSC
hi, would somebody be able to help me with a hsc question.. from the 2004 paper.. question 12 b) ii).. for some reason i get 0 as the force in Member A, but i have a feeling im very wrong lol... also, if anyone could do the 2002 paper, Q12 a.. your help woudl be greatly appreciated!

DE MAN

HSC
thank you very much for you help i sort of get the picture however i was just wondering where you got the 2 from that you times by 100 which equals
√3
which equals to 115.47 in compression which you had which is correct i'm just wondering how you got the 2 and where from i would instead of using the 2 i would do 100times2.5 which equal to
√3 and i got th answer of 144.34n in compression.
if you colud just help me by telling me where you got the 2 from it wolud be greatly appreciated and also thanks for all your help.

MoNNiE

HSC
DE MAN said:
thank you very much for you help i sort of get the picture however i was just wondering where you got the 2 from that you times by 100 which equals
√3
which equals to 115.47 in compression which you had which is correct i'm just wondering how you got the 2 and where from i would instead of using the 2 i would do 100times2.5 which equal to
√3 and i got th answer of 144.34n in compression.
if you colud just help me by telling me where you got the 2 from it wolud be greatly appreciated and also thanks for all your help.
where did you get the 2.5 from??

it should be sin60= √3/2(see attachment) i took this to the otherside of the equation to solve for Fab, when i did that, it inverted to become 2/ √3

DE MAN

HSC
MoNNiE said:
where did you get the 2.5 from??

it should be sin60= √3/2(see attachment) i took this to the otherside of the equation to solve for Fab, when i did that, it inverted to become 2/ √3
ok now i see makes sense well thanks for ur help now you just made things much more easier to understand.
thanks for all your help

MoNNiE

HSC
joeyassad said:
hi, would somebody be able to help me with a hsc question.. from the 2004 paper.. question 12 b) ii).. for some reason i get 0 as the force in Member A, but i have a feeling im very wrong lol... also, if anyone could do the 2002 paper, Q12 a.. your help woudl be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy! :)
-- though i do state this warning! i might be wrong!!

DE MAN

HSC
hi Guys
i have been so far going over past hsc papers and i think i have the answer to 2005 hsc paper question 14 part b (i) where you have to find the maximum number of panel the truck can hold.I got an anwers 4.01 panel which comes to 4 panels and i tried the anwer in two different methods and for both methods i got 4 panel can anyone help me please by telling me wether i'm right or wrong and if you need to see my working out just ask and i'll post them.
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2005exams/pdf_doc/engineer_studies_05.pdf
any help will be appreciated thanks.

MoNNiE

HSC
DE MAN said:
hi Guys
i have been so far going over past hsc papers and i think i have the answer to 2005 hsc paper question 14 part b (i) where you have to find the maximum number of panel the truck can hold.I got an anwers 4.01 panel which comes to 4 panels and i tried the anwer in two different methods and for both methods i got 4 panel can anyone help me please by telling me wether i'm right or wrong and if you need to see my working out just ask and i'll post them.
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2005exams/pdf_doc/engineer_studies_05.pdf
any help will be appreciated thanks.

are you sure that's the question your after? When I tried looking for it I get this:

"Question 14 (continued)
(b) (i) An induction motor is chosen for this door-lifting mechanism.
Outline TWO reasons for the choice of this type of electric motor."

DE MAN

HSC
MoNNiE said:
are you sure that's the question your after? When I tried looking for it I get this:

"Question 14 (continued)
(b) (i) An induction motor is chosen for this door-lifting mechanism.
Outline TWO reasons for the choice of this type of electric motor."
opps sorry it's actually question 13 (b) part one (i)
but no need to worry as i checked with the soultions book that i bought the other day and it happens to be correct thankxs for your help anyway.

joeyassad

HSC
DE MAN said:
opps sorry it's actually question 13 (b) part one (i)
but no need to worry as i checked with the soultions book that i bought the other day and it happens to be correct thankxs for your help anyway.
would you b e able to post the solution up?

DE MAN

HSC
My pleasure

first you need to find the power required for the truck without the panels
you need to use the power formula p=fs/t
10 tonnes =100kn
f=100sin11.3=19.59kn
s=100
t=20 seconds
p for trucks = 19.59*100/20=97.95kW is power required for the truck
power left for panels =total power - power required for the truck
power for panels=400-97.95=302.05KW is left over for panel
now we need to find power required for each panel
f=75knsin11.3=14.7kn
s=100
t=20seconds
14.7*100/20=73.50KW for each panel
number of panels truck can carry =302.05KW /73.50KW=4.11
therefore number of panel truck can carry is 4 panels

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
woow....seems this board was used alot during the exams and just before...sorry guys i wasnt around to answer. had a huge workload at uni so forgot about this post. The offer is still up! If you dont hear from me on this post for a while, email me. ill get it within the day.

Hope you guys did well, and WELCOME the new yr 12's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)