Officeworks Individual Interview (1 Viewer)

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
I have finally passed the group interview stage and is now onto the individual interview, but because they are rushing to hire people for the new store they are conducting a phone interview instead but i guess its going to be the same as face to face... they said it will be around 20mins...

what kind of questions would they ask? anyone had an individual interview with officeworks or even just the coles group before? i want to prepare some answers to the questions... please help... my interview is on monday morning...

ZabZu

HSC
What position do you want to apply for? I think the two main positions at Officeworks are point of sale (checkout) and salesperson (business machines).

A few months ago I had an individual interview with Coles and a few years ago I had an individual interview with Officeworks.

They'll definately ask you questions on customer service. Things like:
- how do you define good customer service
- what qualities/attitudes that staff should have when they communicate with customers
- what will you do when you encounter a rude or annoying customer

Knowledge of computers/electronics is very important if you want to apply for a business machines job.

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
hmmm... i dun have a definite position cos its a new store in castle hill but i put the preferences as stationery, then pos then BM and then the others...but its these 3 that i really want but i really dun care as long as i get a job...

customer service questions... hmmm must think of answers for those...

with the computers/electronics, i do have some knowledge but not a lot... but im generally have interest in computers/electronics since i did ipt in high school...

thnx for some hint... cos ive been look through the old threads as well.. and most said customer based questions also but im still scared cos i have no previous work experience or retail experience so i dun really noe how to deal with customers and really scared with the scenario questions which i believe they will ask... but i really want this job so im trying to get as much help and prepare as much as possible...

also freaked out that the fact the interview is a phone interview... im not that great with the phone...

Last edited:

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
bump...

thnx for everyone's help!!! i got hired!!! finally got a job!!

kow_dude

HSC
I had an officeworks interview this morning and the questions asked were different to what people have said on previous posts. I was expecting questions that were customer service focused but i ended up with getting questions like.... "what are you doing now and what do you like most about it" and "Tell me a time you made a mistake and what you did afterwards". :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)